Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, viking mama said:

MC - dude says Vancouver Canucks  fans may jump ship and become Kraken fans because we are so “frustrated” with our own team.

 

Hell no!!!

 

We’ve been in it for 50+ years, and are not giving up on anything, now! 
 

 

 

They underestimate how long we've been suffering ! 

 

Lol

  • Vintage 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Lets hope Jim says they will be using our picks. 

 

The teams left a hole bunch of their high paid players unprotected. They were hopping to clear cap space.  Cap space is so important now. 

Perfect, We wait it out this year and WE become the team with boat loads of cap space and can get assets

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

GM's weren't dumb this time. It's not like they missed out on some great talents or anything though. Johansen and Tarasenko wouldn't necessarily help that much and you would have to think they'll be in on some UFA's.

It ain't over it is just starting...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BCNeil said:

and just maybe, UFA's might no longer want to even go to Seattle.  As they might want to play for a contender.  Now seeing Seattle as worse than they expected.  

The novelty of joining something new might appeal to some, having cap space to outbid teams might too. But yeah, there are plenty of question marks surrounding this team right now, they won't be a juggernaut starting out that's for sure. 

Edited by Coconuts
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

It would seem likely with the F group picked today. But Buffalo might surprise everyone and skip over Power. I think they just might. 

I hope 8 teams pass over Owen Power.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah that’s what some people don’t get. You still have to move the puck. Who’s good at that, Dunn? 

Depending on how much gas he has left, Giordano is still a really solid puck mover. Solid 1-2 punch on the left side D wiht him and Dunn. But I dunno. Giordano's no spring chicken. And Dunn is still pretty unproven.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Having stripped the rest of the league of their old-timers, higher-priced players, grinders &  fringier young talent…no way should Seattle be drafting in the top 3.
 

Kraken should be drafting - last.
 

No more early leg-ups for expansion newbies - good grief! 


 

  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kraken open up regular season on the road in Vegas then their home opener is against Canucks, great way to welcome the new rivalry

Edited by Mj2345
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

Well for starters their jerseys are a lot better looking than ours. Even better with the players wearing them.

The away ones look pretty amazing. 

Their logo is awful. Colours look nice, but yeah. That logo is arguably the worst in the league.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

 

Still pretty underwhelming IMO

what? Pitlick for a 3rd isn't enough for you?

 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, N7Nucks said:

Depending on how much gas he has left, Giordano is still a really solid puck mover. Solid 1-2 punch on the left side D wiht him and Dunn. But I dunno. Giordano's no spring chicken. And Dunn is still pretty unproven.

Yeah I get what they are trying to do there but wouldn’t you have at least selected a guy like Bean? 
 

I think some Fans are a little jealous cause we need a couple guys like a Larson or Oleksiak. But there’s no balance there it seems to me. Should be able to hem them in I would think 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Having stripped the rest of the league of their old-timers, higher-priced players, grinders &  fringier young talent…no way should Seattle be drafting in the top 3.
 

Kraken should be drafting - last.
 

No more early leg-ups for expansion newbies - good grief! 


 

Nah, let em draft first overall. I wanna see which 2nd round pick moves up thanks to them. They seem to like middling talent players. They may even draft a 20 year old overager.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, N7Nucks said:

Their logo is awful. Colours look nice, but yeah. That logo is arguably the worst in the league.

Yeah I meant the colour scheme.

 

I like the colour scheme but yeah you're right, the logo looks like one of those default ones you can choose in build a team mode on NHL20.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah I get what they are trying to do there but wouldn’t you have at least selected a guy like Bean? 
 

I think some Fans are a little jealous cause we need a couple guys like a Larson or Oleksiak. But there’s no balance there it seems to me. Should be able to hem them in I would think 

I personally would have taken Ghost outta Philly. He has history with Hakstol, has proven to be a good puck moving option and is not a fossil.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...