The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Having stripped the rest of the league of their old-timers, higher-priced players, grinders &  fringier young talent…no way should Seattle be drafting in the top 3.

Kraken should be drafting - last.

No more early leg-ups for expansion newbies - good grief! 

I think they at least just go into the draft lotto with day top 10 odds or something , agree it’s too much being gifted the 3rd 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, runtzguy said:

I think Seattle might offer sheet Petterson. They have 33 million in cap space and they can make Petterson their face of the franchise while sticking it to us. 

That would take a very big offer. They would lose at least their next two 1st's their 2nd and a 3rd. If the offer was over 10.2 mil then it would be 4 1st's.

Just now, HockeyHarry said:

I wonder why?

Could be nothing.

Could be to talk about Abbotsford, the draft, Quinn and Petey. Who knows?

If we do have a deal with them hopefully it’s for Lauzon. He’d be a good cheap option for us.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

He has a press conference scheduled for tomorrow…

To say: " You know, umm, we lost a good prospect in Kole Lind to the Seattle Kraken and we wish him the best of luck with them." We look forward to the draft, you know, umm, we think we will get a real good player at #9 you know, umm and we will go from there. I have been working the phones non stop you know, ummm, I have talked to almost every GM in the last week to see what was available and the asking price you know, umm and we were very happy to pick up and protect Jason Dickinson you know, umm, he is going to be a real good player for us and we are working to get a deal done with his camp right now you know, umm there is just some back and forth but I feel like we will be able to sign him you know, umm and be able to avoid arbitration with our newly acquired player. You know, umm that's all folks have a nice day and stay safe you know!"

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

4 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

I think Seattle might offer sheet Petterson. They have 33 million in cap space and they can make Petterson their face of the franchise while sticking it to us. 

they can't afford the picks, they didn't collect enough extras to make it something an expansion team could get away with. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep I’m thinking he thought he could play the Vegas play book and it backfired.

GMs we’re much smarter this time around.

Wouldn’t all these guys just selected need waivers to go to the minors?  I can see the Krackheads trying to send guys down and other GMs pick them off and say “screw you” Francis.  

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Could be nothing.

Could be to talk about Abbotsford, the draft, Quinn and Petey. Who knows?

If we do have a deal with them hopefully it’s for Lauzon. He’d be a good cheap option for us.

Is Lauzon not a LHD tho? Don't need more of those imo

Just now, 4petesake said:

I feel like I was scammed by a Nigerian Prince watching that whole thing when I already knew the picks but expecting a few trades. Not a single damn announcement out of the whole thing! I want my 90 minutes back. I hate you already Seattle.

You have only yourself to blame for watching it after seeing all the picks already be leaked...Life is too short for even me to whine about this!

• Vintage 1