The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

I wonder if they have any nudge nudge wink wink deals with any UFAs? That way they could get two players from some teams.

Wouldn’t surprise  me to see Danault sign there.  He fancies himself a top 6 C and they’re thin at C atm 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

I think Seattle might offer sheet Petterson. They have 33 million in cap space and they can make Petterson their face of the franchise while sticking it to us. 

It'll cost them like a 10+mil deal for us to not be able to match, which will be 4 first round picks. And given the team they drafted they can't afford to gamble trading us a top 3 pick for the next 2-4 years on one guy. I love Petey, but he's not a soon to be legend that can make you a contending team by himself. Long story short, we match any fair deal they offer, or we walk away smiling if they offersheet him for 10+mil. Cause we'll be swimming in potential lottery picks.

So no Carey Price to Seattle.  Oh.  It was really exciting about the thought of Carey Price to Seattle.  Months ago when I purchased my half-season tickets, I kept confirming that I got the pack that included the Montreal game.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We do if we’re shipping one out.

Hughes

Schmidt

OJ

Rathbone

UFA: Edler, not totally done yet here as we may pay him more or the same as some other team that might not be a cup contender worth moving away from his family or uprooting them

Just now, brilac said:

So no Carey Price to Seattle.  Oh.  It was really exciting about the thought of Carey Price to Seattle.  Months ago when I purchased my half-season tickets, I kept confirming that I got the pack that included the Montreal game.  

I bet the NHL did that to get pr. That came from Bettman under the condition Seattle said no.

Just now, Canuckster86 said:

If they don't have many side deals they must be aggressive in FA, otherwise that team is going to finish dead last in our division with that offense!

Not many side deals yet.  But as free agency hits snd teams hit the cap they’ll be looking to shed money to a team that has cap space and cheap players they can send back.  I wouldn’t write off Seattle making more deals 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I don’t think anyone was suggesting Virtanen was a logical pick for them though 

He's no more illogical than Holtby was my point. Then again, how many people figured Gavin Bayreuther or Carsen Twarynski were good picks too? This draft was wacky and honestly Virtanen wouldn't be nearly the weirdest pick they made today.