The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

You have only yourself to blame for watching it after seeing all the picks already be leaked...Life is too short for even me to whine about this!

Yet you still took the time to respond to it.

Makes you wonder.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

You have only yourself to blame for watching it after seeing all the picks already be leaked...Life is too short for even me to whine about this!

You got that right! You can’t blame the Nigerian Prince for your own stupidity. Since I have no interest in hating myself I’ll hate Seattle if you don’t mind. :)

Just now, N7Nucks said:

He's no more illogical than Holtby was my point. Then again, how many people figured Gavin Bayreuther or Carsen Twarynski were good picks too? This draft was wacky and honestly Virtanen wouldn't be nearly the weirdest pick they made today.

None of those guys is an accused rapist.  A new franchise isn’t going to bring in someone with his baggage 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Wouldn’t surprise  me to see Danault sign there.  He fancies himself a top 6 C and they’re thin at C atm 

They could always trade one of their surplus D's to Edmonton for RNH.  Instant first line center

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

CapFriendly said there were no side deals and Gord Miller is saying there are "several".

Hmm...

No official side deals announced.  CapFriendly didn’t add players to the Seattle roster until it was official either 

I'm fine with them taking Lind.

From the get-go it was gonna be Lind or Gadjovich.

Personally, I 'value' them comparably - probably comparable odds of each turning out.

The Canucks can probably use the type of player Gadjovich is moreso than Lind.

For the folks that were going on about losing Lind and a 3rd as a result of the Dickinson deal - that's absolutely illogical - clearly, they still have the return on the 3rd round pick - and if anything, that 3rd landed them a proven NHL player > greater value than the mean value of that pick.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1