The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

now that we have a name, we're strategizing all the ways to draft your favorite player.

Man, all those Will Borgen and Nathan Bastian fans are going to be so choked. 

Don't knock Nathan Bastian.  6'4", 205 lbs.  This past year, 41 gp, 10 pts., 136 hits.   Something the Canucks could use..........

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Gotta wonder if Benning made a deal for the goalie Vanacek. Im thinking Clark could do wonders with him.

Shocked that they didn’t pick Oshie from the Caps. Hakstol was his coach in college.

Holtby with 1 mil retained for Vanacek? Still saves us 2.6 mil.

Oshie was protected.

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Francis the talking mule picked a guy who’s going in for shoulder surgery!  Gourde will not be the same player.  He’s damaged gourds.  

You mean Francis the talking mule aka the 5th highest scorer in nhl history?

12 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Daccord is a weird pick 

some of these picks seem to point towards a return we'll find out about tomorrow (or some under the radar scouting and strategy) - the rumours that there were no side deals don't seem to make sense - I'll be surprised if that turns out to be true.

Edited by oldnews
  • Vintage 3

35 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

No official side deals announced.  CapFriendly didn’t add players to the Seattle roster until it was official either 

CapFriendly’s Twitter account tweeted that they weren’t expecting much in the way of trades announced tomorrow. 

I think that a lot of fans are going by name recognition. Some of those young guys have skill and most have grittiness and all of them are hard working type players.

It's will be interesting to see what their opening roster is going to look like. They will pick up some UFAs as well.

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Wow did Carolina get off easy. I thought for sure they cut a deal to keep Jake Bean and potentially Niederreiter. 

They may have. Side deals don’t get announced until after the trade freeze lifts tomorrow morning

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

28 million in cap remaining and needing a few forwards still, UFA day should be interesting.

I think they will for sure try to sign Danault to be their top line C to start the year, unless they get Reinhart or Eichel in trade. Schwartz and any other top F will likely get a decent offer from the Kraken in areas they need help in roster wise

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

They may have. Side deals don’t get announced until after the trade freeze lifts tomorrow morning

Oh I thought they were announcing the deals If there was any made during this tv player selection. Thanks because I was scratching my head on a few of these selections.

• Cheers 1