The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

Just now, N7Nucks said:

They almost certainly talked to him, and I assume it went bad enough they took Donskoi instead.

Or they gave him a number he liked and told him they’re taking Donskoi but the offer would still be there on the 28th.

They could still end up signing him. Maybe he’s giving the AVs one last chance to up their offer.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Or they gave him a number he liked and told him they’re taking Donskoi but the offer would still be there on the 28th.

They could still end up signing him. Maybe he’s giving the AVs one last chance to up their offer.

Given how they handled other players they signed (Oleksiak and Driedger) I imagine they'd just extend him and draft him. Be done with it. Especially if they wanna give him the max 8 years. Which is what I assume Landeskog would want. But it is a possiblity.

Just now, N7Nucks said:

Given how they handled other players they signed (Oleksiak and Driedger) I imagine they'd just extend him and draft him. Be done with it. Especially if they wanna give him the max 8 years. Which is what I assume Landeskog would want. But it is a possiblity.

But Landeskogs number 1 choice is still to sign with the Avs.

My guess is if they don’t re-sign him he signs with Seattle.

Couldn't someone tell these Seattle greats how to pronounce the names of the drafted players they were about to announce? 

Did it really need to be a 'surprise'/secret to the football players, basketball players - that had no idea who they were?

Mickey mouse oversight on the NHL's part imo/ insult to the guys selected - and puts the guys mispronouncing their names in a bad/awkward position.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

To say: " You know, umm, we lost a good prospect in Kole Lind to the Seattle Kraken and we wish him the best of luck with them." We look forward to the draft, you know, umm, we think we will get a real good player at #9 you know, umm and we will go from there. I have been working the phones non stop you know, ummm, I have talked to almost every GM in the last week to see what was available and the asking price you know, umm and we were very happy to pick up and protect Jason Dickinson you know, umm, he is going to be a real good player for us and we are working to get a deal done with his camp right now you know, umm there is just some back and forth but I feel like we will be able to sign him you know, umm and be able to avoid arbitration with our newly acquired player. You know, umm that's all folks have a nice day and stay safe you know!"

Funny but dumb

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Couldn't someone tell these Seattle greats how to pronounce the names of the drafted players they were about to announce? 

Did it really need to be a 'surprise'/secret to the football players, basketball players - that had no idea who they were?

Mickey mouse oversight on the NHL's part imo/ insult to the guys selected - and puts the guys mispronouncing their names in a bad/awkward position.

Lynch was smart.  He didn't even try and got Weekes to do it...

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, mll said:

Apparently not.

Wow, so Seattle took Gavin Bayreuther, William Borgen, Cale Fleury, Joey Daccord, Tyler Pitlick, Morgan Geekie, Colin Blackwell, John Quenneville, Alex True and Carsen Twarynski with NO side deals???  :shock:

Is John Chayka secretly running the Kraken?

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Haha 2