The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

how did they not use Frasier Crane as an emcee last night?

ken griffey jr?

ichiro?

starbucks delivery of coffee to the podium?

Matt Hasselbeck, Russell Wilson, Dave Krieg, or Jim Zorn?

total missed opportunity

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Devron44 said:

So will the entry draft be leaked too?

Just kidding. 

Looking forward to watching something live

Yeah, it's over. Alf was the only one awake. Even JB was sleeping so we got Ceuleman's at 9 and a real nice fat tabby at 2. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Ah you've been a fan long enough to know we'll get drilled. Larsson 2g lind 6g.

10-0 krak

Nope. I think we win the first game handily

there is a party of Stanley Cup winning magnitude on Main steet

massive smack talk about how the Canucks OWN the Krack

then the Kraken win the next 10 games against the Canucks including the daggar that ends our playoff hopes

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

My fear is Kraken devours Orcas

Good point....except that Kraken arn't real, they live in a fantasy world. However, Orca's are the biggest killers in the ocean, apex predators if you will. 

Can't wait to dominate those dirty Krakheads for years to come. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Tuned into the expansion draft show by accident.  Got to see Marshawn Lynch try to say Calle Jarnkrok.  Glad I didn't plan on watching the whole thing.

I'm just happy Lynch is able to find quality marijuana. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

Seattle already have a better, deeper blueline than we do clown.emoji

I get there is envy with Seattle. 

hate them as well. But there’s no actual rivalry, yet. The Kraken haven’t even played a single NHL game yet. On paper, defensively, they look decent. But if the games were played on paper, what’s the point. There is a lot of layers to playing an actual game. Lots of things that aren’t seen on paper. Chemistry is a big thing. Seattle has 1 day whopping &^@#ing whole day of NHL history. Whoopie. 

We have just as much reason to be &^@#ing excited about our &^@#ing team. I hope the Canucks spank those Krakheads on October 23, and offer them some &^@#ing humble pie. Pettersson with 4 goddamn goals, please. 

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Tuned into the expansion draft show by accident.  Got to see Marshawn Lynch try to say Calle Jarnkrok.  Glad I didn't plan on watching the whole thing.

I didn’t even bother watching or listening to it. It’s Seattle. I ain’t a Krak fan. I’m not from Seattle. &^@# them. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

@mll so basically its a big S with “thought” put into it. What were their options? “Lets go a different way. Lets make it a desert or mountain Kraken instead of in the ocean.”

Might as well put a salmon with a goalie mask for all the imagination brain power they burned on that. I hope they didnt need to take sick leave after that effort. 

Not gonna lie, I don't think much of it either 

One of the more boring logo's in the league imo 

Nice jersey colours, but the logo stinks 

13 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I get there is envy with Seattle. 

hate them as well. But there’s no actual rivalry, yet. The Kraken haven’t even played a single NHL game yet. On paper, defensively, they look decent. But if the games were played on paper, what’s the point. There is a lot of layers to playing an actual game. Lots of things that aren’t seen on paper. Chemistry is a big thing. Seattle has 1 day whopping &^@#ing whole day of NHL history. Whoopie. 

We have just as much reason to be &^@#ing excited about our &^@#ing team. I hope the Canucks spank those Krakheads on October 23, and offer them some &^@#ing humble pie. Pettersson with 4 goddamn goals, please. 

hope the Canucks remember getting spanked in the pre season by Vegas not that long ago and come out guns a blazing and destroy Seattle in the pre season and spoil their home opener!!

22 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Not gonna lie, I don't think much of it either 

One of the more boring logo's in the league imo 

Nice jersey colours, but the logo stinks 

I think the logo is just fine - except it limits where they can relocate to, maybe Saskatoon?  

:emot-parrot:

• Haha 1

I think they've put together a hardworking group.

The defense has a lot of size, but lacks a puck-mover like Will Butcher--imagine if they add Power. So far, their defense is the strong suit of the team. 

Offense is where I was scratching my head a bit. I loved picks like Gourde and Appleton. But they passed on JVR and Voracek for Twarynski?

They clearly focused on youth, and low cap hits. 

Looks like they'll be a team that will spend a lot of time in the defensive zone, and struggle to move it up. 

Their goaltending is unproven, but promising.
Let's see what they do in free agency. They have a lot of cap space.

Edited by Nave

1 hour ago, Petey Castiglione said:

am I missing something, only 1 side deal for Seattle for a 4th round pick?  What's their plan here.  Could they not have picked Taresenko and flipped him for a first?  Doesn't seem like they're weaponizing the cap which is what I thought their strategy is?

GM’s are Probably smarter this time around. I mean some teams left their stars exposed for Seattle to pick them. Dared them to select them. 

1 hour ago, Petey Castiglione said:

am I missing something, only 1 side deal for Seattle for a 4th round pick?  What's their plan here.  Could they not have picked Taresenko and flipped him for a first?  Doesn't seem like they're weaponizing the cap which is what I thought their strategy is?

I don't think anyone is paying a first for a just off surgery Tarasenko or Johansen/Duchene are they? I don't think they're going all in like Vegas while the cap is flat. It looks like they're storing cap space and will be major players in the UFA market every year. Vegas is already one of the worst cap strapped teams in the league. Not that I agree with it but it'll be interesting to see what they look like come day 1.

• Cheers 1