The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2021 NHL Expansion Draft

Rate this topic

I have always respected the city of Seattle with how similar it is to Vancouver. But now it’ll be a bitter rivalry (finally) after the Whitecaps have failed in this regard and Grizzlies were never good to make a rivalry. Will be looking forward to making some trips down the I5 with some posters on here and ruin the Krakhouse’s party. 

865B5FCA-DDEB-4B66-B29E-10CFBB94610E.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

am I missing something, only 1 side deal for Seattle for a 4th round pick?  What's their plan here.  Could they not have picked Taresenko and flipped him for a first?  Doesn't seem like they're weaponizing the cap which is what I thought their strategy is?

I was thinking the same thing but then noticed  that he has a NTC that would move with him.

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, CanuckFan1123 said:

I live 15 minutes from Seattle and I can indeed confirm it is not the best city in the Pacific Northwest. Unless you like watching fights break out in the streets, walking by homeless tents every block, finding used drug paraphernalia in random places, are afraid to walk alone at night, and worry on a daily basis that your car will get broken into. If that’s your thing, then maybe they are right. 

very nice.png

Based on the average value the Crack took in the expansion draft I think they would have been better to select 4-5 players and then a 2nd rounder from every other team instead.  Use the extra cap space and sign all the UFAs then 27 2nd rounders gotta get you a 1st right?

15 hours ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Seattles logo is seriously just a big S? Wow what a wasted opportunity. The kraken is such a badass mythical beast. Were they worried a giant octopus was going to offend someone in the future or something?

I even zoomed in thinking maybe they thought a kraken was a serpent like creature and put eyes on it but no. Its just a big boring S. 

Someone said nhl 21 create your own team jersey and id disagree. Those ones have more personality. 

12345.png

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Seeing the team they could have built vs the one they did. Someone compiled a roster of the left over players. I dunno.. they're banking hard on potential..

Some of those players they picked though. I mean their ceiling is a 4th line player.

Edited by Devron44

8 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

yep.. a handful of barely recognizable names. I don't get it.

I look at a guys like Kurtis McDermid. 27years old. Scratched over 20 times on a thin Kings defence roster.

John Quenneville. 25 years old. Former 1st round pick which means he’s had chances lol.

Has only played 42 games in the NHL.

5 points

Its almost like they didn’t even look. Just took the biggest player available.

I cant see how a couple free agents are going to make this team competitive. But maybe they are just going to build through the draft.

I like them already lol. It wasn’t fair that Vegas was immediately a powerhouse 

Edited by Devron44

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I look at a guys like Kurtis McDermid. 27years old. Scratched over 20 times on a thin Kings defence roster.

John Quenneville. 25 years old. Former 1st round pick which means he’s had chances lol.

5 points

I cant see how a couple free agents are going to make this team competitive. But maybe they are just going to build through the draft.

Building through the draft is actually the smarter more sustainable approach.

Especially with the next two drafts having potentially generational players.

Vegas’ window was pretty short and is going to get smaller and smaller until they have to start from scratch with no good picks or prospects.

I think people just assumed they would take the same approach as Vegas.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Devron44 said:

5 points

Reminded me of the days when Ottawa and Tampa came into the league and they had literally nobody good to choose from. 

• Cheers 1