The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kraken sign Adam Larsson

28 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

30 other gms don’t have gm who’s failed to make hockey trades like this and put there team in cap he’ll and have missed playoffs constantly 

Please put together how and what you’d propose should have happened, and try to do so sequentially.

Please address all info including cap, buyout penalties if any, salary structure, list of who you would have made eligible for the ED, and if necessary who you would have to trade out and to whom and for what.

Because truthfully, there are posters here who are doing just that and making valid points both for and against Benning’s moves.

You are rambling on without inclusion of any specific detail that would go into and be involved in adjusting this roster in a real-time, real world aspect. 

Please indulge us and quote facts. It would be incredibly helpful as an educational tool for anyone to try and understand your rationale.

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

This guy needs to fire his agent. 

Haha, right? :lol:

Seriously, though, unless Larsson has changed representation (I haven’t read anything recent on who’s repping him), his agent (last I checked) is JP Barry and CAA. That’s pretty much as good as it gets, in terms of high powered agents and agencies. I have to imagine if Larsson wanted to chase maximum dollars, he would have hit the open market and Barry would have made sure his client got paid. Larsson must value the opportunity in Seattle, whether it’s on-ice and team factors, or off-ice and quality of life/location based, and that’s why he took what seems like a bargain deal to join the expansion Kraken.

JP Barry is not exactly known as a soft touch, when it comes to contract negotiations, so I doubt he got taken advantage of. 

I imagine Larsson got sold on the new start in Seattle and decided this opportunity was worth more than getting max dollars, and his agent obliged.

• Cheers 1

So will it really be 4x4 in Seattle? Is the topic really correct = it's a confirmed signing?

Makes no sense for me for two reasons.

1) why Seattle? There might be reasons i don't know about but Larsson's preference at this point would likely be a contender or an up and coming team imo. There's a difference between having a good team - regardless of whether Seattle plays the long game or try right away - and actually being a team that could make it.

2) why 4x4? Unless the injury issues mentioned are serious - and seems strange that that would surface this late - he for sure would be getting better offers from us as well as other teams. 

7 minutes ago, J-P said:

So will it really be 4x4 in Seattle? Is the topic really correct = it's a confirmed signing?

Makes no sense for me for two reasons.

1) why Seattle? There might be reasons i don't know about but Larsson's preference at this point would likely be a contender or an up and coming team imo. There's a difference between having a good team - regardless of whether Seattle plays the long game or try right away - and actually being a team that could make it.

2) why 4x4? Unless the injury issues mentioned are serious - and seems strange that that would surface this late - he for sure would be getting better offers from us as well as other teams. 

What would make me puke is if there is a side deal with TB to send Larsson there, along with Gourde whom SEA selects in ED, in return for players and cap relief (Johnson, Cirelli, Palat, etc) and picks.

I doubt it, but am preparing a barf bag just in case.

Edited by RWJC

21 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Please put together how and what you’d propose should have happened, and try to do so sequentially.

Please address all info including cap, buyout penalties if any, salary structure, list of who you would have made eligible for the ED, and if necessary who you would have to trade out and to whom and for what.

Because truthfully, there are posters here who are doing just that and making valid points both for and against Benning’s moves.

You are rambling on without inclusion of any specific detail that would go into and be involved in adjusting this roster in a real-time, real world aspect. 

Please indulge us and quote facts. It would be incredibly helpful as an educational tool for anyone to try and understand your rationale.

I trade 2nd lind for graves I trade 4th for  Appleton expose Schmidt dare them to take that cap or holtby which was proven they don’t want contract with term instead they elect for macewen 

Our d after expansion 

graves Schmidt 

hughes Myers 

joulevi rath 

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

What would make me puke is if there is a side deal with TB to send Larsson there, along with Gourde whom SEA selects in ED, in return for players and cap relief (Johnson, Cirelli, Palat, etc) and picks.

Maybe the side deal is with Vancouver? Kraken sign and trade Larsson for a package built around Holtby. ;) 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

I trade 2nd lind for graves I trade 4th for  Appleton expose Schmidt dare them to take that cap or holtby which was proven they don’t want contract with term instead they elect for macewen 

Our d after expansion 

graves Schmidt 

hughes Myers 

joulevi rath 

Okay, fair enough, that’s a good start. Thank you. 
What are the next moves?

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Okay, fair enough, that’s a good start. Thank you. 
What are the next moves?

Buy out holtby if no interest buy out Jake virtanen bury Erickson rousell in minors 

Sign Travis hamonic 2x3.5 sign makeal granlund 3x4.3 

roster

jt Miller Peterrson boeser 

granlund horvat Hoglander 

Pearson Appleton podz

motte beagle gadz

higmore

defense

graves Schmidt 

hughes hamonic 

rAth Myers 

juolevi

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Buy out holtby if no interest buy out Jake virtanen bury Erickson rousell in minors 

roster

Pearson Appleton podz

motte beagle gadz

higmore

defense

graves Schmidt 

hughes hamonic 

rAth Myers 

juolevi

Graves belongs nowhere near a top pairing. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Scottydzik said:

roster

Pearson Appleton podz

motte beagle gadz

higmore

defense

graves Schmidt 

hughes hamonic 

rAth Myers 

juolevi

That’s not all that bad and I appreciate what you’re proposing. I think that D is still a little thin myself, but your numbers seem to work out and adds solid depth to the F group. Not bad, man.

When you post like this it’s totally constructive and shows the depth behind the criticism. Like I said, much appreciated.

• Vintage 1

Just now, RWJC said:

That’s not all that bad and I appreciate what you’re proposing. I think that D is still a little thin myself, but your numbers seem to work out and adds solid depth to the F group. Not bad, man.

When you post like this it’s totally constructive and shows the depth behind the criticism. Like I said, much appreciated.

But yes I’ll give Benning the benefit of the doubt it’s still early for him

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, rekker said:

They are going to be a better team than the Canucks and it's going to be tough for me to accept. 

Perhaps it is wise to wait and see how the Canucks fair next season before making such assumptions.

Add Pettersson, Podkolzin, Dickinson, D coach Shaw, a couple more pieces and who knows what this team can be.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

Graves belongs nowhere near a top pairing. 

True but could rotate him in and out of all 3 lines really. QH Schmidt could be interesting given more time to practice together (none last year for anyone) but I’m still hoping for significant upgrades.

Just now, RWJC said:

True but could rotate him in and out of all 3 lines really. QH Schmidt could be interesting given more time to practice together (none last year for anyone) but I’m still hoping for significant upgrades.

Yes and graves was top pairing with makar I also think graves Myers pairing might work 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Or how about Joulevi 2nd for risto 

mac 4th for zadarov sign hamonic 

Schmidt risto

hughes hamonic 

zadarov Myers 

Rath