The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kraken sign Adam Larsson

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Their is going to be horrid, and will be compared to Vegas.  It’s going to be funny watching their Loser Team try to spin a positive narrative, when the questions are about how good Vegas is and how bad Seattle is.  

The owners protected themselves this time around.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

Olesiak or Larsson he coulda sacrificed a 7th to get negotiating rights first and giving up 3rd for 4th liner Dickson and not Appleton is gonna be another huge blunder for Benning 

Are people actually trying to blame Benning for not being able to sign Larsson or Oleksiak? 

:lol:

C'mon, the pestilent whining and crying about his alleged inability to sign and draft players is somewhat digestible, but this kind of complaining is actually just plain stupid. 

• Cheers 4

9 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Are people actually trying to blame Benning for not being able to sign Larsson or Oleksiak? 

:lol:

C'mon, the pestilent whining and crying about his alleged inability to sign and draft players is somewhat digestible, but this kind of complaining is actually just plain stupid. 

no kidding.

We also don't know if he has some other deal in place. 

9 hours ago, Eddie said:

Doesn't Washington have a similar ludicrously low tax rate to Florida ? I believe i read that somewhere. If so probably explains this and a lot of other steals to come. 

Honestly can't believe that both us and EDM wouldn't have gone upto 4.5 for this guy. So possibly the tax break and the lack of absolutely terrible local media must be a thing. Either that or both teams are looking elsewhere...

I went down this rabbit hole a few months ago when talking to someone about Tampa Bay being a top destination for players. This is a super interesting (and long but worth it) read:

https://hockey-graphs.com/2019/01/08/how-much-do-nhl-players-really-make-part-2-taxes/

13 hours ago, Amebushi said:

You really have him on the hook?  JB is not even allowed to speak to UFA’s from other teams yet. These signings are completely beyond anyone in Vancouver’s control. He signed a very team friendly deal in Seattle BEFORE free agency opens up. What do you want them to do to stop this?  As to Lind, seriously you think this is the big loss for us and needed to be protected? He is an unproven prospect. Personally I prefer Gadj over him. So Benning should have pulled a rabbit out of a hat and traded Lind for a pick (as if any team was lining up to make that trade) and then we lose a different prospect “for nothing”. Every team (except Vegas) is going to lose someone “for nothing”. I’m willing to bet that most of them lose more than us. I heard the Kraken are accepting new fans on their page, perhaps you should go over there. They have Larson and soon might have Lind. They will clearly need your infinite wisdom to plan their cup parade. 

You're wasting your time. Some people just wanna cry and bash everything and anything that Benning does, even, and honestly probably especially, if it's out of Jim's control. 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, rekker said:

Not good, on many levels. The Canucks are no longer a team players are attracted to. Crap team, crap media. Not good.

You forgot to add crap fans like you and scotty and all the other whiners without a clue how the real world operates. I come on here to read other people's takes, good and bad, as long as they're reasonably intelligent and insightful but then there are the aforementioned crybabies who just bring down the discussion to the level of idiocy.  So glad there's that ignore button. 

• Like 1

after reading this piece I understand why Larsson signed with Seattle:

A unique, but valuable case could be newly-minted Stanley Cup champion David Savard, because word is he’s more willing than some of his peers to consider Canadian destinations. One GM said Thursday that he’s hearing more and more from players that they prefer not to play in Canada. “It’s a real thing,” he said, mentioning taxes, social media and tighter pandemic restrictions.