The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Kraken sign Adam Larsson

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And you know he didn’t already try to do that?

I don’t know how highly teams view Lind. Right now he’s an unproven prospect that requires waivers next season.

It’s not like many trades were going down anyways. Did you want us to trade for Duncan Keith?

No but a lot good guys in the expansion I’m sure Lind and 2nd for experienced bigger d was available so he’s lost Lind for nothing now has got 2 favourable defencemen d off board in oleksiak and Larsson and missed out on another 2 in graves and leddy not looking like a good offseason at all for him right now 

5 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Other NHL GMs to Benning: “oh you’re likely going to leave a waiver wire prospect eligible for the expansion draft, but we can give you a draft pick or two so we can lose him ourselves to either ED or waivers?? Even though we have our own dead weight we could get rid of?  Oh and you want us to take Holtby too and his contract even though we’re almost at cap ourselves? And if one of them isn’t selected we have to figure that $&!? out on how to resolve the roster space and cap dollars??? WOW! Thanks Jimmy!! What a steal of a deal!! Here have a 2nd round pick for complicating things for us and making your own life easier.”

I bet the phone’s been ringing off the hook from GMs just begging for this deal, so much so that Jim and his assistants can’t even keep up…

C’mon man. 

image.gif.9b99ed029273d8e122fda70dbe521fe7.gif

You really gonna let him off hook 4 great defensive d we needed gone has cleared zero cap and traded a 3rd for 4th line centre and lost one of our top 5 prospects come on man

• RoughGame 4

5 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

You really gonna let him off hook 4 great defensive d we needed gone has cleared zero cap and traded a 3rd for 4th line centre and lost one of our top 5 prospects come on man

You really have him on the hook?  JB is not even allowed to speak to UFA’s from other teams yet. These signings are completely beyond anyone in Vancouver’s control. He signed a very team friendly deal in Seattle BEFORE free agency opens up. What do you want them to do to stop this?  As to Lind, seriously you think this is the big loss for us and needed to be protected? He is an unproven prospect. Personally I prefer Gadj over him. So Benning should have pulled a rabbit out of a hat and traded Lind for a pick (as if any team was lining up to make that trade) and then we lose a different prospect “for nothing”. Every team (except Vegas) is going to lose someone “for nothing”. I’m willing to bet that most of them lose more than us. I heard the Kraken are accepting new fans on their page, perhaps you should go over there. They have Larson and soon might have Lind. They will clearly need your infinite wisdom to plan their cup parade. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Scottydzik said:

None of us have any idea what is to come yet. The off-season has barely even begun, and truthfully, the ED is only slightly impactful in terms of how it tinkers with most rosters. A lot of teams are simply using it to try and relieve cap.

If the players aren’t taken through it, then the action will begin post ED.

Lind was exposed because every team has a Lind and very few want to or can leverage draft picks to take another one on, especially in a case where Lind could also be scooped up by another team when he inevitably is sent down to the minors. I think JB understood that there is that risk going forward and instead put that into Seattle’s lap to manage. 

It allowed us to retain Gadj who I would argue has a far better chance of a 4th line role with this club this season. 

And acquiring Dickinson also made Lind expendable to a degree and seeing as he was immediately protected from ED it’s fair to say that consensus is we upgraded out of the whole ED prep/transaction experience and picked up a proven player over someone who still remains a question mark and vulnerable to poaching.

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

1) who is this great top 4 defensive d he let go and 2) you clearly have no idea who Dickinson is and what he brings defensively. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scottydzik said:

Do you realize that only Seattle could talk to potential free agents ahead of the 28th? 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Do you realize that only Seattle could talk to potential free agents ahead of the 28th? 

So he could not say trade Lind or 7th round pick to get rights first the offseason is early so far it’s looking disappointing there’s no way he can go into season with same d corps and a lot good options are off books

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

E80D2BD2-3FD6-4EAB-BCF3-6020B2D905D0.jpeg

1 hour ago, 4petesake said:

C2A3C336-D576-44A2-A327-EDB378DF3CDB.jpeg

How is it that I read those words, and hear in those voices?

Is it just me and a medication thing, you know; too much or too little?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

So he could not say trade Lind or 7th round pick to get rights first the offseason is early so far it’s looking disappointing there’s no way he can go into season with same d corps and a lot good options are off books

Key words: The offseason is early. There's plenty of time for things to get done. I'm thinking Benning knows that there is a lot of pressure on him and how things play out will affect his future with the club.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Key words: The offseason is early. There's plenty of time for things to get done. I'm thinking Benning knows that there is a lot of pressure on him and how things play out will affect his future with the club.

Well he’s got a lot of work to do he’s missed out on 4 great d that woulda fit our roster has cleared zero cap and lost one of our better prospects for nothing you’d be crazy not to be little worried 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

What an entertaining thread. But yeah, there goes one option.

Can't help but laugh at Edmonton though, their defense is somehow even worse than it was, and that's not saying much. 

just took a quick look into their discussion forum. I can tell you i really feel with Oilers fans. This offseason has been a torture for them so far. They hate Holland even more than some Canucks fans hate Benning.

Well he’s got a lot of work to do he’s missed out on 4 great d that woulda fit our roster has cleared zero cap and lost one of our better prospects for nothing you’d be crazy not to be little worried 

Which four D? 

I'm not going to get worried. It doesn't serve any purpose. Still a week before free agency. Lots of time.