The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When are Canuck buy outs happening?

Rate this topic

HockeyHarry

1 minute ago, HockeyHarry said:

Canucks keep saying buyouts are coming, so whats the hold up. The Wild did theirs.

Cone on Jimbo drop the hammer so we got cap room.

Go Canucks Go

Ummmmm, too much caffeine???

I would expect buyouts to start happening after the entry draft as Canucks are probably trying to package guys to avoid having to buy them out.

The window doesn't close for another week, there's lots of time!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, VegasCanuck said:

Ummmmm, too much caffeine???

I would expect buyouts to start happening after the entry draft as Canucks are probably trying to package guys to avoid having to buy them out.

The window doesn't close for another week, there's lots of time!

If there are any then yes, I agree that we might see them after the entry draft.  There's probably going to be a fair bit of movement over the next few days heading into and during the entry draft.

2 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

If there are any then yes, I agree that we might see them after the entry draft.  There's probably going to be a fair bit of movement over the next few days heading into and during the entry draft.

I fully believe that Loui and Jake will be bought out before the window closes, since we can't really throw them through the window lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I fully believe that Loui and Jake will be bought out before the window closes, since we can't really throw them through the window lol

I highly doubt that Loui get bought out, if they do its 2 mil cap savings this year and 1 mil cap penalty next or we bury him in the minors this season and you save 1,125,000 this year and he's gone and we never have to see this again. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

I highly doubt that Loui get bought out, if they do its 2 mil cap savings this year and 1 mil cap penalty next or we bury him in the minors this season and you save 1,125,000 this year and he's gone and we never have to see this again. 

spacer.png

I'm pretty sure that they will take the extra savings and give themselves the maximum space possible. The only possible exception to this would be, could we trade him in a package with 40% retained and let him ride out the rest of his deal somewhere else.

18 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I believe the word is defenestration, "... since we can't defenestrate them."

Educate Yourself Shooting Star GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jake will be bought out.  Holtby I am hoping will get traded with no cap retention.  That should allow us to re-sign Hamoic and get a decent backup for Demko.

I see a Schmidt trade coming which will free up enough cap space to sign a Jani Hakanpaa and another forward, probably a right winger.

• Cheers 1

Jake's probably won't happen until there's some definitive answer regarding his legal issues.
Holtby might get traded (apparently there's interest from some teams for him).
The other deadweights should just be buried to wait out their final year, or traded where possible.

• RoughGame 1

40 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

spacer.png

Further proof this dude died years ago.  JB should be petitioning Bettman/league brass that its a health hazard to be transporting a dead body around.  Even in an equipment bag where he belongs.  This is some real "Weekend at Bernie's" type $h!z right here.

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1