The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

30 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Can’t imagine this helps our chances of getting a good return…

I don't know. I mean end of the day the trade needs to make sense. I still think that if they don't get decent value for him he's not getting traded. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, khay said:

Yeah if the agent is involved, they are having a hard time finding a deal. 

But if we can’t trade him, just keep him. He’s a good player. 

Right. Set a deadline with interested teams and either they want him or they don’t. If not then we keep him. It’s kind of hard on the player if this drags on for months. 

17 minutes ago, khay said:

Yeah if the agent is involved, they are having a hard time finding a deal. 

But if we can’t trade him, just keep him. He’s a good player. 

That's a tough situation if he doesn't want to be here.

But at the end of the day - play better and most likely desirable teams will want you. :excl:

42 minutes ago, therodigy said:

Not sure if the value is at all accurate, but I wouldn't mind Schmidt to NYI straight up for Mayfield. Boston could be interesting too, though nothing really sticks out for me. Only pieces that intrigue me are Clifton and Frédéric.

Feels unrealistic.  Mayfield is a top-4 D for them on such a great contract - 2 more seasons at less than 1.5M.  They kept him over Leddy although Trotz really liked Leddy and Leddy makes less than Schmidt.  

Fwiw things between Trotz and Schmidt didn't end all that well in Washington. Trotz labelled him their D7 and healthy scratched him for more than 20 games. 

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Burner account for a media troll in Vancouver. 

Yes for the almost 15 years I've been on this board I've been a sleeper cell agent for the Vancouver hockey media.

My goal was always to establish myself like 7 years before Jim Benning took the job so I could eventually sabotage his efforts.

It's a Conspiracy! | Know Your Meme

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Yes for the almost 15 years I've been on this board I've been a sleeper cell agent for the Vancouver hockey media.

My goal was always to establish myself like 7 years before Jim Benning took the job so I could eventually sabotage his efforts.

It's a Conspiracy! | Know Your Meme

The first step is always acceptance. Nice pic, by the way. You should switch out your present profile pic for this one.