The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

There's a rumor out there that Montreal is looking hard at Schmidt. Although, I haven't seen anything that would make this more than total speculation at this point, if Weber is done for the whole season and possibly for his career, I could see them looking at Schmidt to bridge the gap for them.

What do we think? Schmidt for the 31st OA and Toffoli??? ;) :emot-parrot:

Ohhhhhh, then we need to flip the 31st OA and a Jim Benning bobblehead to Tampa for Cernak!!! :)

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

There's a rumor out there that Montreal is looking hard at Schmidt. Although, I haven't seen anything that would make this more than total speculation at this point, if Weber is done for the whole season and possibly for his career, I could see them looking at Schmidt to bridge the gap for them.

If we could recoup a first round pick then I am slightly more okay with the OEL / Garland deal :)

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

If we could recoup a first round pick then I am slightly more okay with the OEL / Garland deal :)

Doubt this happens. Can Benning get Schmidt for a first? 

People said they wanted defenseman Larsson, JB just got the wrong one lol. I know very little about Garland, but if he is as good as some people say this could be a good deal for us. Sure shakes things up, thats for sure.  I was looking forward to the draft tonight but, I am kinda leaning to the this is a good trade for us side.

53 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Ohhhhhh, then we need to flip the 31st OA and a Jim Benning bobblehead to Tampa for Cernak!!! :)

You mean there’s a Eklund rumour.  

Montreal needs a right shot PMD to replace Weber.  Schmidt doesn’t fit the bill. 

24 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

wonder if MTL interested in Schmidt and holtby as price likely out for part of next year and weber likely retiring, time to clear some cap in a major way.

Price had surgery today and is out 10-12 weeks. Will miss minimal time. They won’t have any interest in Holtby. Also, Schmidt doesn’t fit the bill for what they need on D. They need a right shot PMD 

Edited by qwijibo

54 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

@Warhippy was wanting MTL 1st 2023.  Maybe trading Schmidt can be the path to that dream scenario. 

:)

32 minutes ago, The Listening said:

If Benning can pull off some wizardry and get the 4OA pick from NJD for Schimdt and then we draft Luke...

A boy can dream.

I assume you mean do massive quantities of drugs then dream 

Just now, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Friedman made a good point: Hamilton, Martinez, Suter are guys that probably go first before Schmidt, so there still might be some more waiting to do (if anything even happens).

Boooo when do we want it? Now!!