The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

Sure sounds from JB's interview that Schmidt will be dealt.  

I would imagine someone will bite on Holtby but the Canucks have to have a reliable back-up.  We don't want a situation where an injury to Demko sinks the team. 

Virtanen - Boston, Chicago and now perhaps Montreal (!!) may give him a chance.  Too bad JV didn't work out......it just feels like one of those busts where it's tough to blame the GM but easy to blame the player.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

My preference is to trade Schmidt for Gudas and sign Bonino as our 4C. Bring back Hamonic. Use our 3rd line as a matchup line and 4th line to provide secondary scoring:

Canucks 2021d.JPG

Bonino wanted out. Didnt want to play in Canada. Hes not coming back and dont want someone with that $&!# attitude on the team.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Lets Go Waiting GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I would imagine some dominoes need to fall first.

We'll need deals to replace his roster spot, for say Hamonic and Hakanpaa lined up to start with. That likely doesn't happen until at least the 28th.

We also likely need to see Hamilton go somewhere as well, removing him as a higher end option. Teams that miss out on him, can't afford him (or if your CAR, lose him), may look to Schmidt next as a solid option.

So you probably have a few more days of waiting.

• Vintage 1