The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Do you think he makes a play for Hamilton?  He was a Benning draft pick in 2011.  Big and strong, not exactly physical

Doug Jarvis was also his coach in Boston.

Maybe he’d be interested in coming here. I just think he could get more on a better team though.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I'm still hoping for a Schmidt for Larsson with potential other moving pieces trade.

Especially now that he’s signed to that 4x4.

That’s a fair contract for a team. Doubt they trade him though. Wasn’t he one of the players in a Kraken jersey today?

Edited by Devron44
9 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

Madison Bowey and Jalen Chatfiled will compete for final spot 

Hughes Hamonic 

Juolevi Myers 

Rathbone Bowey 

We usually go with eight D-men, but with Abbotsford down the road, we can go with seven.

If we get injuries our depth gets thin in a hurry. Benning must have a deal with a D-man coming in or is confident that he can land a reasonable UFA or two. If he trades him of course. He might just want out if he reads CDC. haha

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

That’s a fair contract for a team. Doubt they trade him though. Wasn’t he one of the players in a Kraken jersey today?

I didn't remember seeing him. Anyone see him there??

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Doug Jarvis was also his coach in Boston.

Maybe he’d be interested in coming here. I just think he could get more on a better team though.

I wonder about Hamilton's rep around the league as a bit of a misfit.  Maybe a lot of teams would pass on him because of it and the price would be better than expected.  I'm spit balling.  I wouldn't expect Benning to take on anybody north of $6M let alone the expected $8M for Hamilton especially when Boeser is up next year too.

18 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Larsson was not there. Larsson is almost certainly a Kraken going forward though. That is a really good contract for their, by far, best RHD.

• Thanks 1
  • Bertuzzipunch changed the title to [Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now