The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

2 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

Podkolzin for Brayden Schneider PLEASE!!!. 
I just saw a Instagram post that looked like a sauna with Panarin and Podkolzin together.

So Podz and the Breadman were enjoying a sauna, and now you want to trade him? 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

So Podz and the Breadman were enjoying a sauna, and now you want to trade him? 

No, I want Brayden Schneider and he is probably our only chip to do so. With the acquisition of Garland where do you see room for Podkolzin to grow? Rangers have a stacked RHS in the same position as us with wingers. 

• RoughGame 2

So what if we can’t move ol Nate. I was thinking how smart Quinn is maybe he can learn to play the right side? With the arrival of OEL maybe we go::::

OEL Hughes 

Smchidt Hammonic 

OJ Myers

OEL has so much experience and very smooth skating him and Hughes together may be able to make it work. Yeah never know! 

2 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

So what if we can’t move ol Nate. I was thinking how smart Quinn is maybe he can learn to play the right side? With the arrival of OEL maybe we go::::

OEL Hughes 

Smchidt Hammonic 

OJ Myers

OEL has so much experience and very smooth skating him and Hughes together may be able to make it work. Yeah never know! 

Or we flip Quinn in another blockbuster for parayko let’s go

8 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

OEL Hughes 

Smchidt Hammonic 

OJ Myers

I dont think it's a matter of not being able to move him it's not needing to. If Benning was so desperate to move cap space I think a deal would have been done by now, even if he was to retain some cap. Schmidt is still a good asset with value and losing him will weaken the defense. Looking at the market there is nobody that would be an upgrade or even as good as him. I'd rather let him redeem himself first before I'd ever think of moving him and that's assuming someone steps up and can take his spot or another team offers a good replacement. 

Edited by JC2
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, JC2 said:

I dont think it's a matter of not being able to move him it's not needing to. If Benning was so desperate to move cap space I think a deal would have been done by now, even if he was to retain some cap. Schmidt is still a good asset with value and losing him will weaken the defense without a replacement and looking at the market there is nobody that would be an upgrade or even as good as him. I'd rather let him redeem himself first before I'd ever think of moving him and that's assuming someone steps up and can take his spot or another team offers a good replacement. 

I also just think he’s better on the left side, just wondering with Quinn’s hockey IQ if he can learn the off side quickly 

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

I also just think he’s better on the left side, just wondering with Quinn’s hockey IQ if he can learn the off side quickly 

Schmidt and OEL are both comfortable on the right side.

We're going to pick up a couple of UFA defenders as well.

We don't have to trade Schmidt. If we get a good deal then go for it, otherwise we just play him. Win-win.

Hughes has stated that plying the RHS actually opens up more offensive opportunities for himself as a Dman. He should be deployed in that role going forward until he learns the defensive side of things. If Schmidt stays and Hamonic resigns I’d pair them together with OEL and Hughes as our top pair. Myers can play on the third pair and try to flip Juolevi to a team for a shutdown LHD (lots of those around the league)

Rathbone can be the extra Dman in and out of the lineup depending on who we are playing. 
Juolevi and Rathbone at this point seem redundant to have both. 

• Cheers 1