The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

41 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

This d line up is pretty bunk. 
Spend all that money trying to upgrade the team then go ahead and put Woo in the top 4.  Lol.  
He needs at least another year in the AHL. 
Also, where is Rathbone?   
He proved more than OJ last year.  

OJ over little boner by a mile.

25 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Yeah.  Holtby.  
We can keep Schmidt and still be fine.  

Regarless, no reason to play Woo when he isn’t ready, especially over Rathbone who proved that he was.

Only would give woo the shot because of the side he plays, he’s a tough kid and could make a case at the next camp. It is a huge long shot though. Just solely on our shortness of RD. Purely spitballing. 

32 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Just heard 2 things:

1) wpg are looking at Schmidt but they might be able to get Brendon Dillon instead

WPG could probably use both honestly. Whether Schmidt would waive there however...

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Not just Canada but Winnipeg man lol 

I can understand why (sort of), but you'd think if he does in fact want out and there's only so many options, maybe now isn't the time to be picky. As they say beggars can't be choosers! City aside, Winnipeg does have some good things going on. Maybe his pickiness is the thing that's been holding things up? 

Just now, IRR said:

I can understand why (sort of), but you'd think if he does in fact want out and there's only so many options, maybe now isn't the time to be picky. As they say beggars can't be choosers! City aside, Winnipeg does have some good things going on. Maybe his pickiness is the thing that's been holding things up? 

I don’t think he actually “wants out”. I think that part of all this was bs.

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Still remember the line when Winnipeg got the Jets back..

“what does this mean for the league?”

”Edmonton is now the 2nd least desirable place to play.” 

Also - shows he doesn’t want to leave THAT badly. :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, RWMc1 said:

I thought that he would have all other Canadian teams on his 10 team no trade list. Many top players do according to some.

Maybe but leaves only 4 teams in the US he can’t be traded too. I can think of at least 4 stinker places there too. Hard to say.