The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

34 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The sooner this little sourpuss is dealt, the better off the team will be. 

Nothing like damage control whenever a player is about to be shipped out.

Keep fighting the good fight, my man.

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Nothing like damage control whenever a player is about to be shipped out.

Awww, is that what you call it for me calling Schmidt a sourpuss? Good for you, buddy. Ain't damage control, just an opinion. Look it up.

Keep fighting the good fight, my man.

And keep drafting up banal and trite posts. 

Apparently the reason Schmidt hasn't been traded by now is Schmidt is being picky (which is his right). Here's a clip form this mornings Athletic:

Monday evening, the Winnipeg Sun’s Scott Billeck reported that Schmidt has declined multiple trade packages that would’ve sent him to the Jets.

While the substance of that intel is accurate according to sources, it’s important to note that Schmidt’s specific form of trade protection doesn’t quite require him to specifically decline a trade in this scenario. Schmidt has a limited no-trade clause and previously submitted a 10-team list to Vancouver. Winnipeg is among the teams Schmidt is permitted to veto a trade to per the terms of his modified no-trade clause. If the Canucks can find a team with one of the 22 teams not listed on Schmidt’s modified no-trade clause, they’ll be able to press send on the deal without his input.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Awww, is that what you call it for me calling Schmidt a sourpuss? Good for you, buddy. Ain't damage control, just an opinion. Look it up.

And keep drafting up banal and trite posts. 

Just find it funny when management brings in a player via signing/trade/draft/whatever, it's all praise here and then if it doesn't work out, it's all on the player.

Eriksson, Virtanen, McCann, Prust, Dahlen, Schmidt, etc. We've had quite a few problem children of late.

Maybe we should look at the root of the problem instead?

And thanks, I will! Most posts I'm replying to don't deserve anything more.

Just find it funny when management brings in a player via signing/trade/draft/whatever, it's all praise here and then if it doesn't work out, it's all on the player.

Really? Is it all praise here? I see a mixed bag of reactions most times, but then again, I don't view every transaction through the same biased lens you do. 

Eriksson, Virtanen, McCann, Prust, Dahlen, Schmidt, etc. We've had quite a few problem children of late.

Problem children? Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of them are men. Plenty of people didn't like the Eriksson signing when it happened, yet you somehow are trying to spin in as if it was universally lauded. I wonder why? 

Maybe we should look at the root of the problem instead?

We? There is no we here. And it's no shock that you'll do whatever you can to swing the conversation back to Benning. You're that predictable. 

And thanks, I will! Most posts I'm replying to don't deserve anything more.

At least you admit that your posts are trite and banal. Again, it's a small step, but a step none the less.

6 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Apparently the reason Schmidt hasn't been traded by now is Schmidt is being picky (which is his right). Here's a clip form this mornings Athletic:

Monday evening, the Winnipeg Sun’s Scott Billeck reported that Schmidt has declined multiple trade packages that would’ve sent him to the Jets.

While the substance of that intel is accurate according to sources, it’s important to note that Schmidt’s specific form of trade protection doesn’t quite require him to specifically decline a trade in this scenario. Schmidt has a limited no-trade clause and previously submitted a 10-team list to Vancouver. Winnipeg is among the teams Schmidt is permitted to veto a trade to per the terms of his modified no-trade clause. If the Canucks can find a team with one of the 22 teams not listed on Schmidt’s modified no-trade clause, they’ll be able to press send on the deal without his input.

Go Episode 8 GIF by The Simpsons

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Really? Is it all praise here? I see a mixed bag of reactions most times, but then again, I don't view every transaction through the same biased lens you do. 

Mixed bag is rich. And any dissenting opinion is met with replies likes yours to me :)

Apparently I'm biased just for disagreeing with you lol.

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Problem children? Correct me if I'm wrong, but most of them are men.

It's a figure of speech, surely you understand that.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Plenty of people didn't like the Eriksson signing when it happened, yet you somehow are trying to spin in as if it was universally lauded. I wonder why? 

Yes I know, I was one of them.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

We? There is no we here. And it's no shock that you'll do whatever you can to swing the conversation back to Benning. You're that predictable. 

Yeah, I don't think Schmidt is the problem here. I'm entitled to that opinion.

7 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

At least you admit that your posts are trite and banal. Again, it's a small step, but a step none the less.

:emot-parrot:

Schmidt sounding like a whiny b. One season and wants out already.. this team needs him to be a top 4 for us but chose to bail. 

I hate how these guys that demand a trade gets to choose where they want to go. I think anytime a player demand a trade, it should nullify their NTC. It should only be effective if the team is to one trying to trade you against your will. -_-

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Mixed bag is rich. And any dissenting opinion is met with replies likes yours to me :)

Not really at all. The fact that you can't see that is telling. Look at the thread for the huge trade from Saturday for a prime example of a mixed bag of reactions. 

Apparently I'm biased just for disagreeing with you lol.

You're just biased. Has nothing to do with agreeing with me. I couldn't care less. 

It's a figure of speech, surely you understand that.

Certainly. Just poorly applied to the situation. 

Yes I know, I was one of them.

As was I. Never thought he should have been signed here. Didn't expect that he would literally fall off a cliff, mind you, but knew that he was a bad signing. 

Yeah, I don't think Schmidt is the problem here. I'm entitled to that opinion.

Of course, you are. I don't think he's what's kept the team from doing better overall, but he also was not very good while here. He does have some responsibility for his play.

8 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Schmidt sounding like a whiny b. One season and wants out already.. this team needs him to be a top 4 for us but chose to bail. 

I hate how these guys that demand a trade gets to choose where they want to go. I think anytime a player demand a trade, it should nullify their NTC. It should only be effective if the team is to one trying to trade you against your will. -_-

If after a tough season and not really being able to make many friends on the team, then finding out your one buddy you DID have will not be on the team next season, how would it make you feel? Professional or not, I am not sure how happy I'd be if I were still around next season.

2 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

I find it odd that of all places, Schmidt rejected Winnipeg. Minnesota is just a hop, skip and a jump away. He doesn't wanna be near home?

If travel shuts down again, better to be in the states, closer to his family, No?

On 7/24/2021 at 10:09 AM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

If we were/are chasing Dougie, I’d actually trade both Schmidt and Myers, and then sign Hamilton and Hamonic with the ~$12M in freed cap space (ideally with some change left over). And look to add another RHD (maybe in the mode of a Hakanpaa, Ceci, etc) for the third pair.

We don’t really need a $6M Myers on the  third pairing. 

This. If Benning can get rid of Myers and Schmidt for Dougie and Hamonic. I would tip my hat to Benning

13 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

I find it odd that of all places, Schmidt rejected Winnipeg. Minnesota is just a hop, skip and a jump away. He doesn't wanna be near home?

4 minutes ago, runtzguy said:

This. If Benning can get rid of Myers and Schmidt for Dougie and Hamonic. I would tip my hat to Benning

He’s had a taste of Vegas.  Going back to Minnesota, think the movie “Fargo” :) 

realized too late had double quote.  Only quoting Nose.

Edited by sonoman

Here's my thing with Schmidt:

While I definitely understand and sympathize as to why he was unhappy last season (covid restrictions, lack of PP time, not having a great partner), none of those issues should be there this season:

1) Covid restrictions will be far less this season in both Vancouver and Canada in general.

2) Schmidt would be slated to play with OEL

3) The 2nd line of ours will be a pure scoring line this season.   Miller-Pettersson Boeser / Hoglander-Horvat-Garland, and so Schmidt will likely have talented scorers in front of him no matter when he's playing.

4) The Canucks should be able to field a solid 2nd line PP unit.   

PP1 = Boeser-Horvat-Pettersson / Myers-Hughes

PP2 = Garland-Miller-Hoglander / OEL-Schmidt