The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

2 minutes ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

Nate Schmidt back to Vegas after the Fleury deal? Who knows if it'll be for hockey?

He's clearly hoping to head back to Vegas. Hopefully the rumor of Whitecloud and a 2nd is a real one. 

• Vintage 2

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He's clearly hoping to head back to Vegas. Hopefully the rumor of Whitecloud and a 2nd is a real one. 

That would be nice.  Recoup a 2nd and Whitecloud is a big RHD.

• Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

Schmidt sounding like a whiny b. One season and wants out already.. this team needs him to be a top 4 for us but chose to bail. 

I hate how these guys that demand a trade gets to choose where they want to go. I think anytime a player demand a trade, it should nullify their NTC. It should only be effective if the team is to one trying to trade you against your will. -_-

Don't hate the player for being offered it, hate the GM's who give it out and the NHLPA who made NMC follow players throughout their contract length last summer too! NHL is most protected league for an athlete, not the highest paid league at all in comparison to MLB, NFL and NBA but fully guaranteed contracts and NTC and NMC protection for many...life is too good for an NHL millionaire!

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Zack Whitecloud and a 2nd would be a great deal for the Canucks.  

Will possibly change my handle name to Zack Browncloud if this occurs.  :-p

Edited by Patel Bure

1 hour ago, KKnight said:

If travel shuts down again, better to be in the states, closer to his family, No?

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. You can't live just expecting that. Even if we HAVE been through the bulk of it (in theory.)

1 hour ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Apparently the reason Schmidt hasn't been traded by now is Schmidt is being picky (which is his right). Here's a clip form this mornings Athletic:

Monday evening, the Winnipeg Sun’s Scott Billeck reported that Schmidt has declined multiple trade packages that would’ve sent him to the Jets.

While the substance of that intel is accurate according to sources, it’s important to note that Schmidt’s specific form of trade protection doesn’t quite require him to specifically decline a trade in this scenario. Schmidt has a limited no-trade clause and previously submitted a 10-team list to Vancouver. Winnipeg is among the teams Schmidt is permitted to veto a trade to per the terms of his modified no-trade clause. If the Canucks can find a team with one of the 22 teams not listed on Schmidt’s modified no-trade clause, they’ll be able to press send on the deal without his input.

Scott Billeck might well have a comprehension problem. Schmidt doesn't get to say if he likes the trade package or not. Nate says yes or no to ten cities.

He doesn't get to weigh out who comes and goes.

• Like 1

i'm pretty pro players using their NMC as they please - but asking for a trade after one year then rejecting another city is somewhat annoying lol. at this point I kind of hope this guy gets traded and we sign someone who wants to be here like OEL and Garland