The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

24 minutes ago, JesseBlue said:

Canuck 4-life Chicago Bulls Wrestling GIF by WWE

7 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

Nate Schmidt would basically be the Booker T of the WWE nWo.

So…

Hogan = Horvat

Nash = Myers

Hall = Boeser

Randy = JT Miller

X-Pac = Hughes

Buff Bagwell = Pearson

The Sting of the Wolfpac = Pettersson 

Lex Luger = Alex Edler

Ok, I’ll show myself out… :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Odjick_fan said:

Welp Schmidt going back to Vegas for whitecloud and a 2nd lmao

you can lyao, but I wouldn't hesitate to acquire Whitecloud.  really like the player.

He has some outstanding defensive outcomes imo as a young defenseman - and played primarily with another young (Hague) D this season.

he's under-rated - and still somewhat under the radar.

very affordable.  size, physicality, solid foundation to his game, already a reliable penalty killer.

I would not laugh at this option or complain about it if he were part of a return.

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

Scott Billeck might well have a comprehension problem. Schmidt doesn't get to say if he likes the trade package or not. Nate says yes or no to ten cities.

He doesn't get to weigh out who comes and goes.

Well he does get a say in whether the trade happens as Winnipeg is one of the teams on his 10 team no trade list. Now Benning, after getting the list from Schmidt, can still broker a trade with those 10 teams and ask Schmidt to waive to go to that team. That being said Schmidt can obviously still say no, I'm sure Benning was in contact with Schmidt constantly on these offers and telling Schmidt what the return would be, not that it really matters to Schmidt but some guys who are more loyal to the team trading them have waived to help their former team get a significant return. I don't think that Billeck was implying that Schmidt had anything to do with negotiating the actual return, just that Schmidt was informed of the the return on each trade proposal.

Edit: As an additional note, he only gets to say yes or no to the ten teams on his pre-submitted list. Any trade brokered to one of the other 22 teams he has no say in whatsoever.

Edited by 204CanucksFan

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

you can lyao, but I wouldn't hesitate to acquire Whitecloud.  really like the player.

He has some outstanding defensive outcomes imo as a young defenseman - and played primarily with another young (Hague) D this season.

he's under-rated - and still somewhat under the radar.

very affordable.  size, physicality, solid foundation to his game, already a reliable penalty killer.

I would not laugh at this option or complain about it if he were part of a return.

Where are these Whitecloud thoughts coming from? I'd love him too but he hasn't actually rumoured to be moved is he??  Hamonic, Myers, Whitecloud, Schenn down the right hand side would just a complete change of hockey brand from last year - in a GOOD way. Solid, aggressive, good size - with PMD down the left, Hughes, OEL, Rathbone, Juolevi. Big change from Schmidt, Hamonic, Myers, and Chatfield IMO.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Where are these Whitecloud thoughts coming from? I'd love him too but he hasn't actually rumoured to be moved is he??  Hamonic, Myers, Whitecloud, Schenn down the right hand side would just a complete change of hockey brand from last year - in a GOOD way. Solid, aggressive, good size - with PMD down the left, Hughes, OEL, Rathbone, Juolevi. Big change from Schmidt, Hamonic, Myers, and Chatfield IMO.

A poster a couple of pages back just made an offhand comment about Schmidt going back to Vegas for Whitecloud and a 2nd because he refused a trade to Winnipeg. No proof, not even as a rumor, just as a comment and everyone here jumped on board because it would be a great trade but it's not an actual thing.

• Haha 3

Just now, 204CanucksFan said:

A poster a couple of pages back just made an offhand comment about Schmidt going back to Vegas for Whitecloud and a 2nd because he refused a trade to Winnipeg. No proof, not even as a rumor, just as a comment and everyone here jumped on board because it would be a great trade but it's not an actual thing.

So you're saying it's pending and will probably happen in the next few mins

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Vegas can’t really afford Schmidt. They might actually want to shed some more cap after Martinez is signed. 

12 Million in cap space, 18 roster players. Why don’t they have space?

4 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

It would be funny if it were true.  Basically we traded a 3rd to get a 2nd and Whitecloud.

:P

Lol.

1 minute ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

From what i've read, it sounds like they're making a push for Eichel.. they just cleared over 7M with Fleury alone... They could offer Tuch + a ton more picks/prospects and be set

Yeah that sounds like Vegas 

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

There's also 5M or so for Martinez - they are finalising his contract and it's not yet recorded on CapFriendly.   With that signing they'll keep their top-4 intact - Martinez, Pietrangelo, McNabb and Theodore.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

I don't know - I think the poster may have randomly picked someone they thought would be a bad return - just guessing - but if we flipped Schmidt back to Vegas for Whitecloud and a 2nd as they spitball - I'd consider that a win.

Whitecloud would be an excellent addition to our right side - plus a pick - plus the cap to go out and add...I'd probably jump at that deal without needing to overthink it.

1 minute ago, mll said:

There's also 5M or so for Martinez - they are finalising his contract and it's not yet recorded on CapFriendly.   With that signing they'll keep their top-4 intact - Martinez, Pietrangelo, McNabb and Theodore.

Yeah i figured Martinez in there. Always appreciate you knowledge of CapFriendly though 

Just now, oldnews said:

I don't know - I think the poster may have randomly picked someone they thought would be a bad return - just guessing - but if we flipped Schmidt back to Vegas for Whitecloud and a 2nd as they spitball - I'd consider that a win.

Whitecloud would be an excellent addition to our right side - plus a pick - plus the cap to go out and add...I'd probably jump at that deal without needing to overthink it.

that would be a huge win lol - doubt Benning would be able to pull that off.

8 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

12 forwards signed - only Patrick to sign.

6 D signed - 7 million remaining (including Martinez's deal).

They'd have about a million to sign a backup if they took Schmidt.

If they sweeten it enough, maybe we retain 1 million on the first year only.

Whitecloud, Korczak

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, BPA said:

It would be funny if it were true.  Basically we traded a 3rd to get a 2nd and Whitecloud.

:P

Lol.

they did that at a time they were willing to bite the bullet to get AP - and at about the worst time imaginable to attempt to move cap.

it's appears to be quite a different climate/market right now