The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nate Schmidt being dealt very soon any minute now

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Hughes - Myers

Rathbone - Hamonic (if he re-signs)

Juolevi - Chatfield

Lol.

JB better have some big plans for our defense and prioritise it the way Seattle has done theirs.

Do you mean through taking a free player from any team that he wishes?

54 minutes ago, brian42 said:

Schmidt for a 3rd round pick would be fine by me I’d rather use his cap hit to sign both Edler and Hamonic and Probly still have a bit of extra cap space left. 

but if we’re getting a forward we could use that’s great, obviously they would still add D-men too. 

That is moving backwards. Why complain about the D and how horrible it was last year then want to go back to the same? Is the reason so that you can continue to complain?

The Canucks had a bad year. Let this year play out with Schmidt. He will have a bounce back year. Edler can walk. Hamonic can sign but look for another option though is seems that Seattle has up'd the value on D by taking all of them.

• Cheers 3

55 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Trade Schmidt for Lauzon. Resign Hamonic ($2m x 2) and Edler ($1.5m x 1). Gives us enough cap space to sign UFA Coleman as a top 6 forward. 

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Coleman

Pearson Dickinson Podkolzin

Highmore Beagle Motte

(MacEwen)

Hughes Hamonic

Edler Lauzon

Rathbone Myers

(Juolevi Bowey)

Demko (Holtby)

Target UFAs Pulock, Parayko, Jones next off season

If we are going that route

Hughes - Hamonic

Juolevi - Myers

Rathbone - Lauzon

Edler walks.

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Do you mean through taking a free player from any team that he wishes?

I wish...no just by the fact that Seattle clearly prioritised improving their defence first, then filled out their forward group. They've put their big picks and cap space in their D group, went out and got solid defencemen first, then worried about the forwards. 

We should do the same instead if leaving our D as an after thought.

To many wee D with no push back on this team wasn’t a fan of Schmidt before can’t see him having much value after last season at his cap hit. 

I have no confidence in Jb

not sure why Jb is looking at forwards I guess he hates his draft picks and developed players that have been in the system. 
wouldn't want a farm hand to actually get a legit chance to make the team. 
better find a 28-30 year old that he can over pay for. 
Sure hope the sedins can help stop his stupidity. 

5 minutes ago, combover said:

To many wee D with no push back on this team wasn’t a fan of Schmidt before can’t see him having much value after last season at his cap hit. 

not sure why Jb is looking at forwards I guess he hates his draft picks and developed players that have been in the system. 

At your hating again!! It never said he wasn't looking for D...of course he is! We don't enough, so that shouldn't even be a question. Plus, we need forwards. Funny, Benning said he'll do what he needs to do to improve the team and there's multiple things including BOTH of those. It was just mentioning some of the things he was doing, not saying the things he wasn't or mentioning them all. But, you choose what you want to hear, so you can throw more hate his way. 

• Like 1

Schmidt for DeBrusk wouldn't shock me.

Two players in need of a change of scenery. Overpaid for what they've brought last year. Boston needs another top-4 D. This year DeBrusk is a short-term gamble and if he doesn't work out adds to Benning's cap space++ next year. Boston saw SOME value in him to protect him.  Boston probs not on Schmidt's no-trade list.

The Canucks do not need Schmidt. We have two very young puck moving D men. We need defensive D men with size. We already have one top 9 player added. Plus Podkolzin.

The Canucks need cap space more than a bunch of forwards. He hopefully has found a way to move Schmidt and Holtby for players or picks that don't weigh us down with more cap issues. Add a couple of D men who come with around 3 mil cap hits.

Don't move our 9th unless it is for a very good 22/23 year old player. "Very good player".

• Cheers 1

Just now, appleboy said:

The Canucks do not need Schmidt. We have two very young puck moving D men. We need defensive D men with size. We already have one top 9 player added. Plus Podkolzin.

The Canucks need cap space more than a bunch of forwards. He hopefully has found a way to move Schmidt and Holtby for players or picks that don't weigh us down with more cap issues. Add a couple of D men who come with around 3 mil cap hits.

Don't move our 9th unless it is for a very good 22/23 year old player. "Very good player".

what names do you have in mind?

3 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

what names do you have in mind?

:sadno:    I leave that to the scouts and stat guys. Canucks stat guys.

Maybe young enough to be on an ELC contract.

Edited by appleboy

7 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Schmidt for DeBrusk wouldn't shock me.

Two players in need of a change of scenery. Overpaid for what they've brought last year. Boston needs another top-4 D. This year DeBrusk is a short-term gamble and if he doesn't work out adds to Benning's cap space++ next year. Boston saw SOME value in him to protect him.  Boston probs not on Schmidt's no-trade list.

The Bees need a goalie too.  Schmidt and Holtby?  

28 minutes ago, combover said:

Hey why don’t you go play in the middle of the second narrows bridge see what happens. 

Let me know how it goes for ya ok thanks.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, appleboy said:

How about Carlos and Debrusk for Schmidt and Holtby.

No picks involved.

Maybe we give them a project.

They just signed Carlo long term - doesn't sound like they are interested in trading him.  

3 minutes ago, mll said:

They just signed Carlo long term - doesn't sound like they are interested in trading him.  

The first two years of his deal is clear of a NTC. Then there is one that kicks in. 

He is exactly what we are looking for.

Edited by appleboy