The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flyers trade Shayne Gostisbehere, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2022 7th-round pick to Coyotes

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Flyers trade Shayne Gostisbehere, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2022 7th-round pick to Coyotes
2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The way Elliotte worded it made it sound like Philly got the return haha

Good move for Arizona. They are doing good work weaponizing cap space.

Honestly, they've been weaponizing cap space for 10 years and the team still sucks.

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The way Elliotte worded it made it sound like Philly got the return haha

Good move for Arizona. They are doing good work weaponizing cap space.

Agreed adding lots of picks, wish Canucks did this early on in the rebuild to give us more swings at the draft for prospects but that wasn't the case

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Elliotte Friedman deleted the original tweet, which made it confusing. 

Edited.

when you try to be 1st to release info, sometimes you make mistakes...everyone is human. Shocked me when I read it the way he worded it, but now it makes more sense. Really think we should be doing this with LE tho, free up 6m is huge for us!

29 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

when you try to be 1st to release info, sometimes you make mistakes...everyone is human. Shocked me when I read it the way he worded it, but now it makes more sense. Really think we should be doing this with LE tho, free up 6m is huge for us!

Not interested in giving up any assets to dump his contract, I don't want any buyouts this year either. Deal with him and the others for one more year and have over 23 million in cap space for next offseason. We only have Boeser as major contracts to sign next year with minor resignings of Motte, MacEwen and Rathbone. Then go after a couple of big name free agents next year, I get that it's still early and a lot can happen between now and then as far as players resigning with their current teams, but next year's free agent class is far more impressive than this year's. 

Free agents next year include names like Malkin, Giroux, Barkov, Forsberg, Hertl, Jones, Parayko, Reilly, Couturier, Klingberg, Manson, Perron, Colin Miller, Murphy, Rakell, Jenner, Ekholm and a bunch more, and those are just from the UFA class nevermind the RFAs we could potentially offer sheet.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Future considerations basically is no return. 

Yes I know. But have you ever seen a trade that said “No Return” 

Hasn’t Future Considerations always been the nice way of saying “No Return”

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Pretty decent return for Gostisbehere considering he's been seen as having struggled for the past couple seasons.

9 goals 11 assists 20 points in 42 games is struggling? The guy averaged just under 20 minutes ice time per game and is under under an easy 2 year 4.5M per cap hit.

He is only 28 years old.

I would say he is still a pretty damn good defenceman, easily cracks our top 4!

• RoughGame 1