The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Kraken trade Tyler Pitlick to Flames for 2022 4th-round pick

30 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Why wouldn’t Seattle take somebody they could just use instead. There was some very good players available. 

not from arizona there weren't. gotta take somebody. 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, tas said:

not from arizona there weren't. gotta take somebody. 

Alex goligoski would've been an intriguing pick.

https://www.fiveforhowling.com/2021/7/18/22582428/arizona-coyotes-available-and-protected-lists-have-been-released-seattle-kraken

A bit older though.

Nvm also a UFA.

Edited by Dazzle

Seattle definitely missed the boat in many ways. They were never going to get the kind of bonehead moves Vegas benefitted from but several of their picks make no sense. Especially without getting something to take them.

They have cap space though so it might become clearer as ufa timehits but man if I was a Seattle fan i would seriously question the totality of their moves so far.

19 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Seattle definitely missed the boat in many ways. They were never going to get the kind of bonehead moves Vegas benefitted from but several of their picks make no sense. Especially without getting something to take them.

They have cap space though so it might become clearer as ufa timehits but man if I was a Seattle fan i would seriously question the totality of their moves so far.

Finally, something we can agree on wallstreetamigo once again. ;)

I wonder if your media friends are praising the Seattle moves as being good though...

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

Of course it is, Dickinson's a much better player than Pitlick.

I'm not sure why Calgary would make this deal, they could have gotten a very comparable player in UFA.

Just wait for that $4 million per for 4 year deal that Calgary are going to offer Edler! 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Perhaps nobody off the Arizona list struck their fancy like ... at all. 

I think Seattle's overdoing it with the analytics side of things, but we'll see how good they'll be next year. I personally think they will underwhelm mightily, which they'll defend as a plan for the future

• Like 1

Just now, Dazzle said:

I think Seattle's overdoing it with the analytics side of things, but we'll see how good they'll be next year. I personally think they will underwhelm mightily, which they'll defend as a plan for the future

Probably, but folks need to realize ... Vegas was (and continues to be) a huge anomaly. 

• Cheers 1