The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Signing Artem Anisimov

If the contract makes sense would you be for signing Artem ?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As of now, Podkolzin is currently the only Russian on the Canucks. Based on Jim Benning’s recent comments, he seems interested in changing that.

“I think it would help…having another Russian player on the team,” Benning told Sportsnet’s Iain McIntyre. “So, we’re looking at that and seeing if there’s a fit that works either through trades or free agency. We may look to do something like that.”

Artem Anisimov (Ottawa Senators)
2020-21 stats: 19 GP, 2 G, 7 A, 9 PTS

Artem Anisimov is an unrestricted free agent after his five-year, $22.5 million contract expired. The 33-year-old was placed on waivers midway through last season as the Ottawa Senators preferred to get some younger players into their line-up. An experienced centre who can play on the penalty kill, Anisimov could be an attractive, low-cost option for the Canucks.

Article

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, AriGold said:

As of now, Podkolzin is currently the only Russian on the Canucks. Based on Jim Benning’s recent comments, he seems interested in changing that.

“I think it would help…having another Russian player on the team,” Benning told Sportsnet’s Iain McIntyre. “So, we’re looking at that and seeing if there’s a fit that works either through trades or free agency. We may look to do something like that.”

Artem Anisimov (Ottawa Senators)
2020-21 stats: 19 GP, 2 G, 7 A, 9 PTS

Artem Anisimov is an unrestricted free agent after his five-year, $22.5 million contract expired. The 33-year-old was placed on waivers midway through last season as the Ottawa Senators preferred to get some younger players into their line-up. An experienced centre who can play on the penalty kill, Anisimov could be an attractive, low-cost option for the Canucks.

Article

I like it a lot. Maybe 1 or 2 years at 2.5 mill (maximum 3 mill).

• Vintage 1

I would prefer to go large with Tarasenko (Low cost vs risk) as a start, Zadorov as a second priority (Meets a need within the core), but if those don't work out (They are unlikely to be in play) then I would be fully in favour of Anisimov as a mentor as he's a good two way player.

• Upvote 1

I would sign Anisimov to a 2x2 deal.  Draft Fedor Svechkov and then Svechkov can take over after 2 years and play with Podkolzin.

Maybe we can convince Kaprizov to come to Vancouver as a UFA after he's played in the KHL for 3 years.  

Kaprizov   Svechkov   Podkolzin

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I would sign Anisimov to a 2x2 deal.  Draft Fedor Svechkov and then Svechkov can take over after 2 years and play with Podkolzin.

Maybe we can convince Kaprizov to come to Vancouver as a UFA after he's played in the KHL for 3 years.  

Kaprizov   Svechkov   Podkolzin

Oh Yea GIF by memecandy

Edited by Hogs & Podz
  • Cheers 1