The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Abbotsford Canucks sign Chase Wouters

6 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

Longest serving captain in Saskatoon Blades history and high praise from his GM.

After the game, Blades general manager told Wouters that the Blades would be retiring that jersey.

“Nobody’s ever going to wear 44 for this club again,” assured Priestner.

“As far as I’m concerned, 44 belongs to you. You embody everything what it means to be a Saskatoon Blade. I couldn’t be more proud of you.”

For junior hockey this is HIGH PRAISE. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Better than Jasek.  This guy is hard to play against.  

It's now time to fill in this Abbotsford Canucks roster. So many of last year's Comets team are RFAs or UFAs. Jasek has already signed in Europe (but could come back), Graovac is supposedly considering Europe....; where are all the players who Johnson said have already contacted him? Let's build this team!

3 hours ago, robr1can said:

It's now time to fill in this Abbotsford Canucks roster. So many of last year's Comets team are RFAs or UFAs. Jasek has already signed in Europe (but could come back), Graovac is supposedly considering Europe....; where are all the players who Johnson said have already contacted him? Let's build this team!

How about Podz starting the year in Abby? Would sell alot of tickets/merch.

Top line: Gadz-Chase-Podz

On 7/22/2021 at 2:34 PM, DeNiro said:

Sounds like Alexander Mallet.

Remember when we used a 2nd round pick to draft him.

Glad our drafting is no longer on that level.

We just bought out a former 6th overall pick...too soon!? haha...send me LoserSSON faces this way while we still got em! That is what society does, love that icon myself it should me retired into the line up in memory of the late great LE!

I wonder at which decently good bodies will fill the Baby Nuks' roster when the Canuck fan base seems to cheer every non-renewable contract. Most of the Canucks/Comets last year's roster are UFAs or RFAs, or already have signed somewhere else (ie Jasek, Graovac). What are both GMs (Benning/Johnson) thinking? Maybe it's still too soon.

I, as well, would like to see a roster, schedule, statistics, etc. bar added sooner rather than later.

Edited by robr1can
added info
  • Upvote 1

On 7/22/2021 at 2:34 PM, DeNiro said:

Sounds like Alexander Mallet.

Remember when we used a 2nd round pick to draft him.

Glad our drafting is no longer on that level.

Had high hopes for Mallet.  Kidding aside, Mallet is one of Gillis' pick during the time he was trying out the theory of drafting older/more mature players, with the thinking that they are closer to playing in the league - theoretical vs reality.

• 1 month later...

Never heard of this kid until today but, everything I'm reading speaks of a hard working, determined guy with all the tools to develop into a nice pro player.

He seems to be a player who will really listen to coaches and work to improve on his skillset and eliminate weaknesses in his game.

Very intriguing player.

I look forward to seeing what he can bring.

2 hours ago, komodo0921 said:

I look forward to seeing what he can bring.

I do have my doubts that he will progress beyond a solid AHL player but the Canucks need a lot of those calibre players (hard working and coach-able) in the farm team system in order to have a solid base for the more promising picks to develop. That being said; the ball is in his court as to how far he develops.

After watching Alex Burroughs continue to defy the odds and become a fixture on the top line, wouldn't it be nice to see something like that happen again.