The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WHat do ew want to happen during this offseason ?

7 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

I’m familiar with Weinrich and remember his brief stint in Vancouver (along with his playing career in general), but was unaware of the fact that he had a yellow visor.

Ps - I can see why you’d think I’m a new fan (based on a lot of my posts), but I also feel like you might not fully understand where I come from in a lot of my posts, in that, many of my outlandish proposals are ‘Devil’s advocate’ type posts and/or ‘think outloud/brainstorm’ posts where I attempt to facilitate discussion in order to collect viewpoints which often serve to re-enforce my true hidden opinions.

This is a safe place.   What are your true hidden opinions? 

A lot of talk on how to open the window now.   I'm not really a fan of that because don't at all mind waiting another year to see what we have currently in the pool can do.  Force TG to play the kids essentially.   

That said there is a path to do something now to change that.    Instead of spending money on QHs. trade him for a RHD plus minus...or even a little older more proven all around D.   Ekblad for example.   Or Chychrun.    Then use our 9th plus for Reinhardt.    Buyout jake and cap dump AR somewhere.    Then we'd have a dynamite top 9 with the arrival of Podz, and there would still be money left over to further improve the team.    We'd be in our window just like that. 

10 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I’m confused by your math. Taking on Subban @ $9m and Brassard @$1.5m ($10.5m) and sending go out Schmidt ($6m) doesn’t create $4.5m of cap space.  It eats up an additional $4.5m.  I must be reading your post wrong 

I meant that Brassard and Subban's combined cap would be $4.5m

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I meant that Brassard and Subban's combined cap would be $4.5m

Except that’s not accurate. Their combined cap hit wound be $10.5m.  It would be an increase of $4.5m from the current cap hit of Schmidt.  This isn’t a good deal for Vancouver.  Moving Schmidt for Subban would be a terrible idea. Subban is a negative value right now with his $9m cap hit