The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks announce 2021-22 regular season schedule

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

So no home and home against the Kraken ?

I'm in Ontario and my brother is in Seattle.  We were waiting for the scheds to come out so we could see the Canucks vs Kraken in both cities.

I was born in N.Van but don't get too many opportunities to get back out west. 

14 minutes ago, gurn said:

Strange, isn't it?

Teams are so close, you would think home  and home games  would make sense.

Thought it would be a given... especially in a condensed Olympic year.    But for some reason we have a home and home vs the Blues ?

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2021 at 1:20 PM, gurn said:

Strange, isn't it?

Teams are so close, you would think home  and home games  would make sense.

With only 4 games between the 2 teams the entire season and only 2.5 hours drive between the arenas, back to backs don't make as much sense and definitely not a priority from scheduling perspective.

8 minutes ago, RomanP said:

With only 4 games between the 2 teams the entire season and only 2.5 hours drive between the arenas, back to backs don't make as much sense and definitely not a priority from scheduling perspective.

I'd think the lesser distance should enhance the possibility of a home and home.

Why fly from St Louis to Vancouver or vice versa, for a home and home, adding thousands of miles to a travel schedule, when they could add less than 350 miles?

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'd think the lesser distance should enhance the possibility of a home and home.

Why fly from St Louis to Vancouver or vice versa, for a home and home, adding thousands of miles to a travel schedule, when they could add less than 350 miles?

Where do you see "home and home" vs St Louis? Not sure what that analogy is about. Home and home makes sense if it works out in the larger scheme of things, that include arenas availability in both cities. Otherwise, it's not very important. What exactly is being accomplished by trying to force the home and home into a schedule if it doesn't work otherwise? Seattle and Vancouver are very close to each, so it actually makes a lot more sense to start/end road trips for each team at the closest opponent. Look at all the New York teams and see how many "home and home" they have on their schedules.

Edited by RomanP

On 7/26/2021 at 1:35 PM, Jayinblack said:

Thought it would be a given... especially in a condensed Olympic year.    But for some reason we have a home and home vs the Blues ?

8 minutes ago, RomanP said:

Where do you see "home and home" vs St Louis?

And  it is posted in first post.

March 28  in St. Louis and 30th, in Vancouver.

23 minutes ago, gurn said:

And  it is posted in first post.

March 28  in St. Louis and 30th, in Vancouver.

Our game in St. Lois on March 28th is the last game of a 4 game road trip. We also have a home game against Vegas after that home game against St Louis. And St. Lois continues from here to Alberta for 2 games there. So, the fact that it's "home and home" is just a coincidence - us finishing a road trip and coming home for the next 2 home games and Blues finishing their home games and going on a road trip. Also, these "home and home" with the Blues have a full day in between. Usually "home and home" means also "back to back".

5 hours ago, RomanP said:

Our game in St. Lois on March 28th is the last game of a 4 game road trip. We also have a home game against Vegas after that home game against St Louis. And St. Lois continues from here to Alberta for 2 games there. So, the fact that it's "home and home" is just a coincidence - us finishing a road trip and coming home for the next 2 home games and Blues finishing their home games and going on a road trip. Also, these "home and home" with the Blues have a full day in between. Usually "home and home" means also "back to back".

I don't know why you decided to take issue with my use of home and home... but no definition i see for it says anything about the games having to be on consecutive days (just successive contests):

taking place alternately on the home grounds of competing teams or participants engaged in successive contests or contests related by being on the same schedule home-and-home series.

Edited by Jayinblack

6 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

I don't know why you decided to take issue with my use of home and home... but no definition i see for it says anything about the games having to be on consecutive days (just successive contests):

taking place alternately on the home grounds of competing teams or participants engaged in successive contests or contests related by being on the same schedule home-and-home series.

I didn’t take an issue with it at all. Moreover, my initial reply wasn’t even to you. All I did was just giving my opinion on why I think home and home games with Seattle don’t provide any benefit to the teams involved and to the schedulers. I fully understand what you were hoping for for your trip home.

12 hours ago, RomanP said:

I didn’t take an issue with it at all. Moreover, my initial reply wasn’t even to you. All I did was just giving my opinion on why I think home and home games with Seattle don’t provide any benefit to the teams involved and to the schedulers. I fully understand what you were hoping for for your trip home.

No worries.... yes i was really looking fwd to seeing Canucks-Kraken games in both cites on the same trip out west.

Edited by Jayinblack

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The start times have been announced:

Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 12.17.18 PM.png

no matinee games at home again? that sucks. a lot of us on the island like to come over for matinee games and travel back the same day. ferries are always filled with canucks fans.

2 hours ago, Roberts said:

no matinee games at home again? that sucks. a lot of us on the island like to come over for matinee games and travel back the same day. ferries are always filled with canucks fans.

Ya Sunday games should always be early games..  

On 7/26/2021 at 1:12 PM, Jayinblack said:

So no home and home against the Kraken ?

I'm in Ontario and my brother is in Seattle.  We were waiting for the scheds to come out so we could see the Canucks vs Kraken in both cities.

I was born in N.Van but don't get too many opportunities to get back out west. 

Even if there was a home and home you have to do testing as you enter either country, results take over 24 hours, don’t think you could swing it unless the rules change.