The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Khaira not being qualified

There is going to be a crop of interesting players who don’t get qualified.

It is a no brainer to me for us to pick this guy up for a $1 million or less contract to play in the bottom of the lineup or be a 13th forward.

Great marketing play as well.

Edited by -Vintage Canuck-
Source added.
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Had a more concussions than is like but if the $ is under the waiver amount... Could do worse.

That is exactly it… if he can be completely buried if it doesn’t work there is little risk.

The upside would be a big physical local boy who is a really good 4th line centre when Beagle goes.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Haven’t we been down this road before?  Ferland? Concussion issues are too hard to predict.  

Plus the fact the Oil essentially said he is not good enough to play for their team, think about that.

• Cheers 2

I don't mind a 4C/13 Fwd signing at $1.25 Million or less. With the cap crunch the Canucks face, these are the kind of signings that will need to be made to maintain flexibility. Injury? LTIR. Underwhelming play? Waivers with full cap relief. Claimed? Not really a loss. Unclaimed? Much needed centre depth in Abbotsford. 

He's not Andrew Copp or Warren Fogele, but I'd rather Khaira than Sutter, even at the same price point.

32 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I really like Khaira, 27, C/ LW,  6'4, 215 , TOI  12 mins would be great on 4th line tough games move up lineup ..

Sign under 1.3 million X 2 yrs....

Does he play his size? is he a physical guy?

1 hour ago, YEGCanuck said:

Plus the fact the Oil essentially said he is not good enough to play for their team, think about that.

I love the Surrey story and all but I’d rather JB save that roster spot.

• Like 1