The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Khaira not being qualified

5 minutes ago, AK_19 said:

I guess the reason I used that number is that he can be waived with no dead cap implications on our team. If he can play, he'll play. If not, no big deal.

Good point.....but it does still take a roster position at the start of the season when the players sign.  It's a gamble that could go either way.

5 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I wonder if MacEwan can stay out of the box this year.

I didn’t think he was in there that much?

..  other thing to note is refs have a way of watching first year big boys,.  It’s like the way cops tailgate kids with “L” & “N” plates.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

18 hours ago, 70seven said:

Easy pickup.  Makes sense to continue marketing towards the Punjab community, which is massive in the lower mainland. 

Also fits a role we need imo.  He can battle MacEwen et all for that spot. 

Ans do we know if he speaks fluent Punjabi?? 

Just now, RakuRaku said:

Excellent!!! Hope we sign him and he can be a great Canucks ambassador in the community!! 

NHL.com is listing him as a centre but he plays RW mostly?? 

Motte Dickinson Khaira

Very solid 4th line.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Excellent!!! Hope we sign him and he can be a great Canucks ambassador in the community!! 

NHL.com is listing him as a centre but he plays RW mostly?? 

If we sign him, typical Indians will all claim to be related to him some shape or form ::D

Honestly, im indian and I’m not sold on him.  As a player he doesn’t bring much to the table other than a few bumps and hits.   If we are signing him to just be an a Ambassador to the community, then it’s a waste and we are in trouble.   Feel the roster spot could be given to a youngling. 

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, sassbs said:

If we sign him, typical Indians will all claim to be related to him some shape or form ::D

Honestly, im indian and I’m not sold on him.  As a player he doesn’t bring much to the table other than a few bumps and hits.   If we are signing him to just be an a Ambassador to the community, then it’s a waste and we are in trouble.   Feel the roster spot could be given to a youngling. 

If he can play tougher than MacEwen, I'm happy!!! I wonder if he can do a passing job too at centre...