The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Boston and Vancouver

25 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Well, given what Ristolainen just cost, it's probably more like:

Schmidt for 1st (21st OA)

Virtanen and 2nd (41st OA) for Debrusk

That looks pretty darn fair to me.

I just saw the Risto trade. If Schmidt really wants out I would jump all over this. If Boston isn’t afraid of Virtanens legal issues I would say the second part is an overpayment, but given what it is I think it’s pretty fair. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

Gotta get a proposal in before the draft, just because... lol.

To Boston:

Nate Schmidt

Jake Virtanen

2nd round pick (41st OA)

To Vancouver:

Jake Debrusk

1st round pick (21st OA)

Canucks pick Kent Johnston 9th OA

Canucks pick Corson Ceulemans 21st OA

Boston does this as they are interested in Schmidt as their LHD is rather weak.  They also unload Debrusk who they're not happy with anyway.  They give up a 1st round pick but pickup a relatively high 2nd round pick and also add Virtanen (if there's any team that doesn't value character very much, it's Boston... Jake is still a capable NHL player).

Canucks gain a much higher 2nd pick in the draft to allow them to pick Ceulemans.  They also add a Top 9 forward in Debrusk.

Like trade but I like Ritchie 6'2, 230,  25, tough .. GP 56 --26 PTS --2021 -- RFA

DeBrusk 6'0, 24 -3.6 cap hit ---GP 41 -- 14 PTS = 2021 

Boston are going hard after Ryan Suter per Shinzawa.  He says they are looking for a top-pairing LD to play shutdown with McAvoy like he did previously with Chara.  Even if they can't get Suter, that wouldn't really be Schmidt.  

Swap Holtby in for Virtanen?  So Schmidt/ Holtby/ 41st for DeBrusk and 21st.
Boston doesn't have any goalies signed currently and who knows if either Rask/ Halak come back, or if Vladar/ Swayman are ready for leading roles.
They won't trade McAvoy or Carlo of course, but I wonder if the 21st pick could be packaged to get another team's RD.

I'd do this trade, but I don't think Boston would. Value on Schmidt seems down right now and DeBrusk is better then JV, so I just don't see Boston that interested in. 

However, if they are then definitely make this trade. We get another 1st round pick and a 24 year old winger that is definitely at least a 3rd line scorer and could even take another step and be a top 6. On top of the cap savings which would be great. 

14 hours ago, HKSR said:

Gotta get a proposal in before the draft, just because... lol.

To Boston:

Nate Schmidt

Jake Virtanen

2nd round pick (41st OA)

To Vancouver:

Jake Debrusk

1st round pick (21st OA)

Canucks pick Kent Johnston 9th OA

Canucks pick Corson Ceulemans 21st OA

Boston does this as they are interested in Schmidt as their LHD is rather weak.  They also unload Debrusk who they're not happy with anyway.  They give up a 1st round pick but pickup a relatively high 2nd round pick and also add Virtanen (if there's any team that doesn't value character very much, it's Boston... Jake is still a capable NHL player).

Canucks gain a much higher 2nd pick in the draft to allow them to pick Ceulemans.  They also add a Top 9 forward in Debrusk.

This was actually a fantastic idea (bravo), but it looks like the Canucks will have to try and use that package to land a right handed “defensive” defenseman.