The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sabres trade Rasmus Ristolainen to Flyers for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick

Seriously, Schmidt is a significantly better player by all metrics and has contract/cost certainty ... too bad we couldn't get that package out of Philly for him. Benning will now magically get an inferior return on a better player.

Edited by TheCustodian

30 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'm fine with it.  Makes Schmidt a more expensive commodity.

Schmidt might be able to bring back a 1st round pick at these prices.

Team willing to pay a 1st round pick for Nate Schmidt, calls Benning. 

Benning on the phone: ughhhhhhh, ya.... So like ... *Voice cracks* .... Nates a really really good player and stuff, so uhhhh... How about a 3rd round pick? 

Other gm: nahh. Best I can do now after hearing you talk is a 5th. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Dats hockey said:

That feels like Nashville from a few years agos that’s stacked

no.

Ellis - Ekholm - Josi - Subban were way , way better than Provorov, Ellis, Sanheim and Ristolainen.

I mean it looks good on paper but the on-ice performance might be different.

Provorov hasn't had a great year, Ristolainen can't defend.

Ellis is good one, for sure.

2 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

Team willing to pay a 1st round pick for Nate Schmidt, calls Benning. 

Benning on the phone: ughhhhhhh, ya.... So like ... *Voice cracks* .... Nates a really really good player and stuff, so uhhhh... How about a 3rd round pick? 

Other gm: nahh. Best I can do now after hearing you talk is a 5th. 

Benning doesn’t answer as he’s fallen asleep.

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Flyers fans are not happy, at all.

I don’t blame them. They traded Gostisbehere, Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2022 2nd & 7th round picks, and the 2023 second round pick and all they have to show for all that is Ristolainen?? 

3 minutes ago, TheCustodian said:

Seriously, Schmidt is a significantly better player by all metrics and has contract/cost certainty ... too bad we couldn't get that package out of Philly for him. Benning will now magically get an inferior return on a better player.

Philly over-valuing Risto has zero bearing on our ability to move Schmidt. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheCustodian said:

I think there is a huge difference between Schmidt and Ristolainen:

Ristolainen is a right handed defenceman, these type of right handed d-Man are rare. Whereas Schmidt is a left handed -D-Man and there is lots of them in the league. It's way easier to find a LHD than a RHD.

One reason why Schmidt had a down year was that he had to play the offside (right side as a LHD)

1 minute ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

no.

Ellis - Ekholm - Josi - Subban were way , way better than Provorov, Ellis, Sanheim and Ristolainen.

I mean it looks good on paper but the on-ice performance might be different.

Provorov hasn't had a great year, Ristolainen can't defend.

Ellis is good one, for sure.

Honestly yes on paper A+ but I am big on seeing players on new teams play before judging. Hence why I said feels. You see so many player turn into different players after being trade and PLEASE TELL ME WHO TF IS RISTO EVER GOING TO HAVE A GREAT SEASON IN BUFFALO!