The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sabres trade Rasmus Ristolainen to Flyers for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st-round pick, 2023 2nd-round pick

32 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Watch Buffalo tear down, rebuild, and still win a playoff round before the Leafs. 

you forgot....using only half the payroll

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Okay, so revamping a suggestion I made in a different chat earlier,

To Buffalo:

9OA

Schmidt

Eriksson (2 million retained)

To Vancouver

Reinhart

14th OA

Sound fair???

:)

If Benning could get Reinhart, while keeping a first round pick, AND getting rid of Eriksson I would dye that man's hair myself. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, TmanVan said:

If Benning could get Reinhart, while keeping a first round pick, AND getting rid of Eriksson I would dye that man's hair myself. 

On the SN650, they mentioned that maybe the 13th pick + Reinhart can get them into the top 10 pick.

If that is the case, I hope JB jumps on it to slide down a few spots.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

I think there is a huge difference between Schmidt and Ristolainen:

Ristolainen is a right handed defenceman, these type of right handed d-Man are rare. Whereas Schmidt is a left handed -D-Man and there is lots of them in the league. It's way easier to find a LHD than a RHD.

One reason why Schmidt had a down year was that he had to play the offside (right side as a LHD)

Ristolainen is by all metrics an objectively awful hockey player. He also has 1-year to unrestricted free agency. You would by any imaginable metric be a better team with Schmidt on his contract playing 20+ mins per night than Ristolainen full stop.