The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver/Buffalo Trade

Hey guys, I'm not great at valuing players or picks etc but something that could work for both sides just came to me. Would it be fair value? Would either team consider it? Figured I'd ask you guys.

To Vancouver: Buffalo's 14th overall (acquired today from Philly) and 33rd overall

To Buffalo: Vancouver's 9th overall.

Buffalo already has 1st and is rumored to want to get another top 10 pick. There seems to be a consensus that the top 9 are the cream of the crop (maybe top 10). Buffalo would get another top level player while Vancouver trades down and gets (I believe) the 13th pick due to Arizona's forfeiture and another almost 1st rounder at 33rd. I think there is still great value to be had at 13/14 and 33 plus their 41st. Might be a good strategy to fill the pipeline again?

Seems to be fair value but what are your thoughts?

10 minutes ago, CDBudz55 said:

Hey guys, I'm not great at valuing players or picks etc but something that could work for both sides just came to me. Would it be fair value? Would either team consider it? Figured I'd ask you guys.

To Vancouver: Buffalo's 14th overall (acquired today from Philly) and 33rd overall

To Buffalo: Vancouver's 9th overall.

Buffalo already has 1st and is rumored to want to get another top 10 pick. There seems to be a consensus that the top 9 are the cream of the crop (maybe top 10). Buffalo would get another top level player while Vancouver trades down and gets (I believe) the 13th pick due to Arizona's forfeiture and another almost 1st rounder at 33rd. I think there is still great value to be had at 13/14 and 33 plus their 41st. Might be a good strategy to fill the pipeline again?

Seems to be fair value but what are your thoughts?

I think it is 13th overall because Arizona at 11 is null.

With 41st Overall, I'm thrilled we're at least getting a chance at a blue chip prospect. If we get Aatu Raty, I'll be thrilled. Raty looks like a bottom six guy, but his pedigree reminds me a lot of Nils Hoglander in 2019. We get a hit here, we're golden. Stankoven is also a strong name as is Scott Morrow, Evan Nause, Sasha Pastujov (who would be a homerun) or Danil Chayka. I really hope we can get a 2nd rounder for Holtby, that would really make up for trading all those picks to Arizona. Guenther could be a star.