The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Two wake-ups and it’s still unbelievable that Jimbo dumperooed Loui, Beagle, and Rouselle in this deal.  We get out top pairing D, and top six forward, and dump three toxic contracts.  The cost?  Geunther and a 2022 second.  That’s a friggin’ kick ass win for Jimmy!  Geunther looks like such a putz too.  Klimlovich is better!!!  Happy Alfer!!!  

I also find myself in the win for Jimmy column.

I just think you have to remember to include the potential of a toxic contract that we’ve taken on while rejoicing in the three that we shed.

I can get over the 9OA because of Garland.

Edited by nzan
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, nzan said:

I also find myself in the win for Jimmy column.

I just think you have to remember to include the potential of a toxic contract that we’ve taken on while rejoicing in the three that we shed.

I can get over the 9OA because of Garland.

OEL at 7 per (he just turned 30 last week) is a steal.  Guy is going to be great for us.  Geunther is a putz.  Doubt he is an NHLer.  So glad we traded that pick.   That whole top ten was full of over hyped craperolla.  Best players in this draft are coming out of later picks, like our guy at #41.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

OEL at 7 per (he just turned 30 last week) is a steal.  Guy is going to be great for us.  Geunther is a putz.  Doubt he is an NHLer.  So glad we traded that pick.   That whole top ten was full of over hyped craperolla.  Best players in this draft are coming out of later picks, like our guy at #41.  

I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not

- OEL at 7 per is one of the worst contracts in the league unless you mean by steal he is stealing money from ownership 

- 30 is not young and he has 6 years remaining. There were only 25 dmen 32 and older to play 20+ games last year, 12 who were 34 and older 

- How can you even say the top 10 sucks, Guenther won’t make the NHL and later picks are better - that logic makes no sense. There are no guarantees either way but stats and probabilities indicate more likely than not he will be an NHL player 

OEL isn’t the same player he was. Just like Eriksson wasn’t when joined the Canucks. 

This trade should make us better in the short term for sure and an incredible long term cost 

Edited by canucklehead44
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 3

12 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

- OEL at 7 per is one of the worst contracts in the league unless you mean by steal he is stealing money from ownership 

- 30 is not young and he has 6 years remaining. There were only 25 dmen 32 and older to play 20+ games last year, 12 who were 34 and older 

- How can you even say the top 10 sucks, Guenther won’t make the NHL and later picks are better - that logic makes no sense. There are no guarantees either way but stats and probabilities indicate more likely than not he will be an NHL player 

OEL isn’t the same player he was. Just like Eriksson wasn’t when joined the Canucks. 

This trade should make us better in the short term for sure and an incredible long term cost 

love this part the most, arguing is top notch as always.

Just watched the zoom call several Canucks hockey insiders and media had with OEL. Lot's of questions from Kuzma and Drance how OEL plans to turn his game around.

Didn't like OEL's body language and have serious doubts that he is the top pairing D-Man Jim spoke about in his press conference.

Love your posts.

Let's keep coming them.

• Haha 3
  • RoughGame 1

17 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

this is just to confirm your words:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

love this part the most, arguing is top notch as always.

Just watched the zoom call several Canucks hockey insiders and media had with OEL. Lot's of questions from Kuzma and Drance how OEL plans to turn his game around.

Didn't like OEL's body language and have serious doubts that he is the top pairing D-Man Jim spoke about in his press conference.

Love your posts.

Let's keep coming them.

image.gif.847900b42ef66fdeb72c994602caed21.gif

• Haha 4
  • RoughGame 1

What I don't understand is if he's the worst defensemen in the league, why didn't the coyotes throw him in the press box? That would surely open up his ntc? That would also give their team a better chance to win? 

We didn't care Erikson was making 6m. If he wasn't helping us win, he was sitting. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

this is just to confirm your words:

As per usual a fancy stats page tabulated by someone who has likely never been on skates in his life.

Hockey isn't baseball, you can't pinpoint and individuals effectiveness in a team sport with stats.

GIF by Brockmire

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

when was the last time he put up 40+ points  ?

3 seasons ago.  
Was well on pace the last couple years as well. 

It seems people aren’t taking into account the absolute dog $&!# team he has been playing on, or the coaching change that seemed to ruin a lot of their players. 

Is this trade going to suck in 3 years?

100%
But let’s not act like this guy sucks. 
He will probably be our best dman for a year or two until Quinn realizes there are two ends of the ice.  

• Vintage 1