The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which additional assets would that be?

Eriksson? Beagle? Roussel?

Based on the cost of dumping salary that was an absolute bargain. We got Garland and OEL combined for a 9th and essentially paid a 2nd and a 3rd to dump the rest.

7th

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, J-Strap said:

That’s so refreshing…did you learn that in pre-school

Yes, along with please and thank you.  Other subjects included washing hands, sharing, milk and cookies, reading stories and afternoon naps. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Which additional assets would that be?

Eriksson? Beagle? Roussel?

Based on the cost of dumping salary that was an absolute bargain. We got Garland and OEL combined for a 9th and essentially paid a 2nd and a 3rd to dump the rest.

yea lol, Drance takes a confusing angle to me here - lost too many assets? 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick for a top 6 forward and some cap space. Doesn't seem like much of an asset loss to me. This doesn't take into account that in addition to that part of the trade, we also have a CHANCE of having gotten a 3/4dman for free (but also the potential for a crap contract).

Just now, longsuffering said:

Do you think the Sedins had a hand in this decision?

Maybe they were consulted on his character. Captain of Coyotes for three yrs. If they are going to lose Edler, OEL is likely a better replacement. 

1 minute ago, Forsy said:

yea lol, Drance takes a confusing angle to me here - lost too many assets? 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick for a top 6 forward and some cap space. Doesn't seem like much of an asset loss to me. This doesn't take into account that in addition to that part of the trade, we also have a CHANCE of having gotten a 3/4dman for free (but also the potential for a crap contract).

Didn’t we also net like 5 million in cap?

Thats also part of the trade. If we go and sign someone like Savard on the 28th that has to be included.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Forsy said:

That's the best part, it wasn't a 3rd round pick. It was a 7th round pick 2 drafts from now. Good times. People are just looking at it like OEL has 0 chance of becoming a different player than he was in Arizona. Which is beyond stupid. We have a different style, different team, and it's a fresh start away from a coach he clearly had issues with.

• Like 2