The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 minute ago, Tom Sestito said:

Agree on Jones. Do not agree at all on Hamilton.

Hamilton will get 8-9 million on a 7 year deal and be 35 at the end of it.

Any contract that big is risky.

• Hydration 1
8 hours ago, RWJC said:

Can find Garland skill with size tho. 
He’s small stature (5’10, 165lbs) 

This makes me really nervous after seeing the size & strength of the Goliath-sized pillars on both defense & offense that the Seattle Kraken just obtained through the expansion draft. 

• Hydration 1
9 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

He’s a twenty point at even strength D. 

Hughes is the first PP guy. OEL PP production will fall.

If he gets deployed in hard matchups like Benning suggests he will, his production will fall at ES as well.

Add the times when you just… have Hughes and OEL on the ice at the same time…

Insanity for the opposition.

This is an excellent acquisition.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

He’s a twenty point at even strength D. 

Hughes is the first PP guy. OEL PP production will fall.

If he gets deployed in hard matchups like Benning suggests he will, his production will fall at ES as well.

agreed, they also conveniently forget that's 24 points in 46 games... that is a 40+ pt regular season. He was actually better points-wise this year than the year before, and closer to his average the last 6 years. Even if his play on the ice may have been dreary (I didn't watch him), but to say definitively that he is already declining is nonsense when you look at the points.

• Hydration 2
4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

You realize OEL was miserable in Arizona right? You think he was giving it a full 100% last couple years? He was given a ton of Norris votes not that long ago. 

He wants to come HERE and will play WAY better. I would love to bet anyone this. Having the top 6 forward makes this even more sweeter.

Garland has major potential. I think he'll score at least 30 goals next season. And with Podkolzin coming onto the team as well, that's two new quality young forwards. Very exciting. 

• Hydration 2
5 minutes ago, Ilunga said:

You have chosen the right username for yourself man 

You know what a J-Strap is ?

A nutcase 

Give this self proclaimed commando a prize.  I think you might be ready to wipe your own arse now.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Add the times when you just… have Hughes and OEL on the ice at the same time…

Insanity for the opposition.

This is an excellent acquisition.

They play the same side.

• Hydration 1
10 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

OEL wears #23 like Edler too. Here's him on ice for the last game vs Sedins. Big hugs to the twins at the end. Lots of respect. 

All class there!  no doubt the sedins were on board with this trade if they approve I don’t see why fans dont.

• Vintage 2
2 minutes ago, viking mama said:

This makes me really nervous after seeing the size & strength of the Goliath-sized pillars on both defense & offense that the Seattle Kraken just obtained through the expansion draft. 

Garland will just duck his head and skate between their legs.  Especially Oleksiak who has very long legs...

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, oldnews said:

Chychrun was Arizona's top powerplay minutes D.

Might want to do your homework.

You're also making an assumption that a player - whose principal partner 5on5 had 2 point this season (Lyubushkin) - is going to see his 5on5 production drop.

OEL's secondary 5on5 partner was Demers - who had 4 points.  The Canucks also have considerably more scoring threat in their forward group (and added Arizona's 3rd leading scorer).

What will happen to OEL's production if the Canucks opt for a 2D 3F top powerplay unit?

That story about OEL being a third pairing D that can't be deployed in 'hard matchups'....is hero-chart quality material wadr.

I’m 100% aware that Chychrun was the first PP guy.

But the canucks heavily lean on the first unit to the point of Hughes/EP often sitting out for a full two minutes. His PP time is going to go down from his career averages. 

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2
2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Garland will out work then.

Watch his goals. He’s like Gallagher, he doesn’t back down.

Was watching some highlights, he has excellent hands too. I was worried he was light but then look at Caufield. 

Excited to watch this guy!

• Hydration 2