The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Just now, viking mama said:

Team-D needs to be solved, signed, sealed & delivered-up to some regular ice-time together, in order to become a synchronized machine.

D-men are the heart of any hockey team. The goalies, are more like the immune system. If the D-men don’t function well, there is virtually very little game or resistance to offered-up.

I agree.  I don't think Benning is done yet.  Look for a Schmidt and Holtby trade and a Virtanen buyout.  We need to go all in now.  A 4C and 2 RHD is what we need for our team to be complete.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't see Edmonton making the playoffs in an 82 game season with their AHL defense, goaltending, and bottom 6.  I think we're a shoo-in along with Vegas, and Seattle takes the third spot.  Now that we're doing this, we need to be moving Holtby and hopefully Schmidt and going all-in.

I agree, except McDavid's 130-150 points might get them there along with Draisaitl's 100+ points in the weak Pacific division.

Of course, Smith may falter then they are screwed. 

They lost Larsson and did not replace him. 

Keith is over the hill.

Is Klefbom coming back? A lot of question marks on that team, they might as well miss the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, khay said:

I agree, except McDavid's 130-150 points might get them there along with Draisaitl's 100+ points in the weak Pacific division.

Keith is over the hill.

Is Klefbom coming back? A lot of question marks on that team, they might as well miss the playoffs.

An over the hill Keith is still the only Dman they have who has any hope of playing like an NHLer besides Nurse.  Smith played over his head in a condensed season, and Koskinen is so bad that Ayers would be an upgrade over that sieve.  McDiver and Divesitel also refuse to backcheck, so a lot of the benefit from those points balance out due to their prioritizing personal stats over winning.  Our forwards are going to love playing against those bums.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, bbllpp said:

If EP gets offer sheeted 8-9x8 the extra 4.75 cap from this deal goes a long way. We’ll need to make room but the impact will be a lot less.  i.e. we pay EP and QH before the rest with peace of mind

We can also flip Schmidt now without our backs against the cap wall

Jimbo's on record saying that what ever the offer sheet, he'll match.  Not only do I think that Petey wouldn't sign one but any GM who writes one will look like a heel since JB's declaration.  So, I'd be very surprised if it happened.

• Cheers 2

This deal will be looking either very good or very bad in a couple of seasons. I don't think there is much of a middle ground. We have to hope OELs struggles were mostly due to being on a bad team and that Garland continues to trend into a top 6 player. Even if Larsson can be Edler like it's good. If not then we essentially got another Loui on defense and another eventual overpaid 3rd liner. I'm cautiously optimistic so I'm going to say it's going to be good.

Just now, Kobayashi Maru said:

I don’t think Klefbom can even lift his arms up so probably not.  I bet the just put Wallstedt in net to start the year because I don’t think they develop their prospects anyways.

Wallstedt went to Minnesota not Deadmonton, they didn't want a better G of the future apparently

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JC2 said:

This deal will be looking either very good or very bad in a couple of seasons. I don't think there is much of a middle ground. We have to hope OELs struggles were mostly due to being on a bad team and that Garland continues to trend into a top 6 player. Even if Larsson can be Edler like it's good. If not then we essentially got another Loui on defense and another eventual overpaid 3rd liner. I'm cautiously optimistic so I'm going to say it's going to be good.

God I would hate to see when you’re depressed…

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, khay said:

Keith is over the hill.

McJesus might have to break Gretzky's record next season if Edmonton has any hope of winning games with their AHL defence and goaltending...

• Cheers 1

I'm still at work and was following the trade via Twitter.  Il be interested in seeing the CDC reaction once the details were announced.  

Ballsy trade-I like it.  I'm hoping OEL was pulling a James harden and rips it up.  

Garland is going to be a gem.  Gotta think TG is doing cartwheels because he has a ton of options now.  

Edited by Angry Goose
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:
Garland is a great pickup. Canucks now have a legit top six in Miller, EP, Boeser, Garland, Bo, and Hogs. I assume Hogs can also play LW?

Third line is now legit in Pearson, JD, and Podz.

Still need to work on the fourth line but given the lack of CAP JB should stay within the lines finally haha

The forward group was poor last year and that hurt the team defence. With a better forward group and Demko in his second full season, I expect a better overall system (Shaw), which should help the defense.

Defense is now OEL, Hughes, Rathbone, Schmidt, Juolevi, and Myers. They still need add another piece. I think the should keep Schmidt...tell him to suck it up and that he only gets traded when his value improves haha
OEL is a risk but hopefully he regains his love for the game over the next two years

5 ld and 1 rd.  Plus, OEL, Hughes and Rathbone play PP, all LD.  The team NEEDS a couple of RD

• Vintage 1