The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

19 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

So basically the trade is a risk? What trade isn’t?

You don’t think Chicago just took a big risk acquiring Jones? Of course they did.

If a team doesnt take risks they’re never going to get better.

Benning needed a top 4 D man in a market where teams are desperate for them. Of course it could blow up in his face that goes without saying. But no one will be questioning this trade if OEL regains his form and Garland fits nicely on Bo’s wing.

Lets just wait and see before we all assume the worst.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, RWMc1 said:

Sutter and Khaira.

Sutter is an option.  I'd wait it out and see if he's till around after June 28 to try and get him on the cheap.  I think Khaira is a better option, younger with more truculence.  Local boy too.  What does Edmonton want for him?  Aren't they going to re-sign him?

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Sutter is an option.  I'd wait it out and see if he's till around after June 28 to try and get him on the cheap.  I think Khaira is a better option, younger with more truculence.  Local boy too.  What does Edmonton want for him?  Aren't they going to re-sign him?

Nah theyre not. Is he a center?

Just now, DeNiro said:

Agree with this trade or not no one can say Benning hasn’t been aggressive this offseason.

Curious to see if we’ll see a Schmidt and Holtby trade in the coming days and who he takes a run at in free agency.

I looked at holtbys buyout. If we buy him out its only 50k towards the cap this upcoming season and 1.9 the season after. If we dont get nothing hes worthwhile to buyout imo

• Cheers 3

Just now, Bertuzzipunch said:

Nah theyre not. Is he a center?

I think he plays centre and left wing.  He's a lefty though.  I think with the makeup of our team we would want a true replacement for Beagle, so a large RH centre who is good on faceoffs and can kill penalties.