The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 minute ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I looked at holtbys buyout. If we buy him out its only 50k towards the cap this upcoming season and 1.9 the season after. If we dont get nothing hes worthwhile to buyout imo

The buyout for Holtby would be $500k this year.  But more importantly I think you want to recoup a draft pick for him.  We need some picks added for 2022.  I think with Schmidt and Holtby we may be able to get our picks back for 2022 and maybe get a 4C thrown in there as well.  I would save the buyout for Virtanen.  Go get Hakanpaa and Hamonic as UFA's and we are done.

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Sutter is an option.  I'd wait it out and see if he's till around after June 28 to try and get him on the cheap.  I think Khaira is a better option, younger with more truculence.  Local boy too.  What does Edmonton want for him?  Aren't they going to re-sign him?

Benning said that he has been in talks with Sutter and that he can play wing. That sounded like they were looking at another center.

He also said that he wanted to get some bigger D-men in UFA.

He's not done yet.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The buyout for Holtby would be $500k this year.  But more importantly I think you want to recoup a draft pick for him.  We need some picks added for 2022.  I think with Schmidt and Holtby we may be able to get our picks back for 2022 and maybe get a 4C thrown in there as well.  I would save the buyout for Virtanen.  Go get Hakanpaa and Hamonic as UFA's and we are done.

I bet we could get a 2nd at the TDL for holtby. Might be worthwhile to keep him around if jim aint getting good offers. If toronto is doing well they might even give us a 1st lmao

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I like me some Hakanpaa.  And bring back Hamonic.  That should solve the RHD problem.  Just need to find a really good 4C...

Unless he’s looking for some bigger cash Anisimov may be our guy for 3/4 C.

For RD how about two of Savard, Hamonic and Bogosian to go with Myers. Leave all the puck moving to the left side.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru

So what does this leave us in cap situation?? 

Assuming we can trade away Schmidt and Holtby for picks and buy out Virtanen, we should be able to re-sign Hughes and Petey and Hamonic, pick up a veteran backup goalie and a couple cheap bottom 6 and RHDs? 

Also, pls don't even think about bringing back Sutter... He's so done.. Can't even stay healthy or put up points... 

9 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I bet we could get a 2nd at the TDL for holtby. Might be worthwhile to keep him around if jim aint getting good offers. If toronto is doing well they might even give us a 1st lmao

Don't think you are going to get a 2nd for Holtby.  I'd be happy with a 3rd.  Of course the Leaves could always overpay...

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Fans opinions aside think about the message this sends to the current roster.

Like you don’t think these guys are all pumped to be getting two players like this?

This is a direct message to the core that they’re going for it. They’re not worried about a draft pick that may or may not pan out in 4 or 5 years if they can make the roster better now. That’s all that any competitive player asks.

I know that, as a fan, I’m a lot more excited about next season. A whole season of knowing there is NO chance Erikkson makes it into the lineup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Unless he’s looking for some bigger cash Anisimov may be our guy for 3/4 C.

For RD how about two of Savard, Hamonic and Bogosian to go with Myers. Leave all the puck moving to the left side.

Savard would be fine.  Not sure about Bogosian.  He did play for the Leaves so that is a negative.  Anisimov is intriguing.  He could play with Podkolzin.  I'd like a RH 4C to replace Beagle though.  It is important as most of our forwards shoot left, even some of our right wingers.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Fans opinions aside think about the message this sends to the current roster.

Like you don’t think these guys are all pumped to be getting two players like this?

This is a direct message to the core that they’re going for it. They’re not worried about a draft pick that may or may not pan out in 4 or 5 years if they can make the roster better now. That’s all that any competitive player asks.

It will be alot like this 

jt-miller-canucks-room.png

• Cheers 4