The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

9 hours ago, awalk said:

We had one year left of really awful contracts and then we were in the clear. They've added an albatross of a contract here. 

Garland is a nice little add but holy f&*#b@11z this is an awful move. 2 years without a 1st round pick... good luck to the next guy, gonna be as bad as Gillis left it.

Yes we won’t be able to move Boeser, Peterson, Hughes or any of our young players because of their no movement clause and declining skills :bigblush:

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Savard would be fine.  Not sure about Bogosian.  He did play for the Leaves so that is a negative.  Anisimov is intriguing.  He could play with Podkolzin.  I'd like a RH 4C to replace Beagle though.  It is important as most of our forwards shoot left, even some of our right wingers.

Bogosian would just be a good third pair with Joulevi or Rathbone.  The leafs stink isn’t fully there as he was only there for a year.

Anisimov would be great to make an interchangeable bottom 6 C group with Dickinson.  Makes for two really good bottom 6 Cs

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I know that, as a fan, I’m a lot more excited about next season. A whole season of knowing there is NO chance Erikkson makes it into the lineup.

I’m just living one season at a time as a fan right now.

I get that some fans wanna plan 5 years in the future but that doesn’t matter to me. The important thing to me is that we’re a better team now than we were yesterday.

We can always dump OELs contract on the Oilers if it sucks in 3 years.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

I’m just Excited we don’t have to talk about Lou Erickson ever again. !

These are two legit players as stated there are more moves to come looking forward to see how this all comes together for opening night. !

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

6 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

This makes us a better team next year, but not as strong a team that we would have had in 2-4 years if we hadn't made this trade  imo

You’re assuming that the 9th overall was a guarantee at something.

What if the pick ended up being another Virtanen level pick?

I get what you’re saying but there’s no guarantees in drafts just like there are no guarantees in trades.

5 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Bogosian would just be a good third pair with Joulevi or Rathbone.  The leafs stink isn’t fully there as he was only there for a year.

Anisimov would be great to make an interchangeable bottom 6 C group with Dickinson.  Makes for two really good bottom 6 Cs

I wonder if theres a chance to get demelo from winnipeg for schmidt. I know they want to upgrade their D and demelo would be a great d partner for quinn

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Bertorama said:

I’m just Excited we don’t have to talk about Lou Erickson ever again. !

These are two legit players as stated there are more moves to come looking forward to see how this all comes together for opening night. !

Well if OEL regains his top form here we can praise Eriksson as the guy that was the key piece in landing him.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

happy ice hockey GIF by NHLFollow me my disciples. 

I’m gutted by LE’s departure Blunt. A huge void has been created. Who will do all the little things? Who will pot those crucial empty netters? 
My LE #21 Jersey is now a sad relic of better times. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, iinatcc said:

Benning's own words not mine ... He said 2 years. If he thinks the team isn't ready to compete now, as he said, why make this move? 

I know the quote you are referring to.  This trade changes that timeline though.  We have a much,much better team now than we did this morning.    A few years down the road is there risk? sure, but for next year, we have a solid looking team.  I expect a few more move will be made in the next few days.  OEL is a significant upgrade on Edler, and Garland could put up 65-75 points next season.   Dickinson was a very good add as well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

This makes us a better team next year, but not as strong a team that we would have had in 2-4 years if we hadn't made this trade  imo

That is assuming the 9th pick pans out, which after today doesn't look like to be a game changer for us anyways.

Also assumes that the opened cap space would somehow magically makes us better. Just look how that ended up for Seattle so far. A big fat nothing.

Take away the picks, I see this just as something that would have been the result next year but just a year early.