The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I still find it crazy that the only buyout we’re likely to use is on Virtanen.

Who would have thought?

Haha so true. And, we might not even use it on him and instead trade him. Benning said yesterday (Thursday?) that he's letting teams talk to Jake for purpose of a trade, so could you imagine? Jake for a 3rd. Start the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Haha so true. And, we might not even use it on him and instead trade him. Benning said yesterday (Thursday?) that he's letting teams talk to Jake for purpose of a trade, so could you imagine? Jake for a 3rd. Start the car.

Montreal would have no problem trading for him.

• Haha 3
50 minutes ago, johngould21 said:

That as^hat never has a positive thing to say about the Canucks.

And I bet the clown was a $&!#ty hockey player. Haha! 

The writers for the Athletic called the trade for the Canucks an “unmitigated disaster.” Gave the trade a D- grade. Lol I guess it’s true what they say about opinions, they’re like $&&$, everyone’s got one!

• Hydration 2
6 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

More like arizona had no interest in signing garland for who knows what reason. Wouldnt even call his agent back.

Sounds like the stiff shoulder Benning gave to Tanev, Toffoli, Stecher & Markstrom. 

Gotta still treat your players & former players with respect, even if there is very little left to say, but thank you, or come by again sometime. I hope Benning’s learned at least that much.

Genuine communication skills among hockey bros to illicit some trust & demonstrat that you care, seems to be a key. Not sure if Benning has always been doing that - according to reports. It’s a business sure, but it is also a “family” of families. 

Time to start laying down a foundational structure that actually sticks around for awhile, & really mean this time. 

Edited by viking mama
9 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

The bigger they are, the harder they fall...

What’s with the gold spray painted beer league helmets. Ridiculous looking for an NHL team. 

• Like 1

Cant believe how badly ppl are underestimating OEL here.  If you had watched him play youd realize this guy is a legit #1 dman and an absolute gamer.  Hes going to give us about 4 or so excellent seasons and by the time he starts slowing down hopefully we have developed a few good dmen to make up for it.  

• Hydration 2
19 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

The writers for the Athletic called the trade for the Canucks an “unmitigated disaster.” Gave the trade a D- grade. Lol I guess it’s true what they say about opinions, they’re like $&&$, everyone’s got one!

Probably jealous leaf fans

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, alucard said:

come on man, we all know JB is not the best GM in the league, not the worst? also true.

Canucks fans stop being so hyperbolic, it is a very very even deal and in long-term it might look worse,

short-term if OEL brings top 4 performance then yes, but he is not Hedman, people acting like he is Hedman,

my problem with JB is that he is not that creative and as a canucks fan I want to have the most creative GM, is that wrong? No.

I liked Benning and appreciated what a $&!#ty situation he had when he started, but he has been here for some time.

if team does not show massive improvement in the coming season, he should be fired.

he is not the most efficient GM, accept it.

also I like canucks to be draft and develop team.

again he trades too many picks, he is not savvy with the trades, he is not savvy in free agancy.

he has good record in drafting, yet he trades picks.

hope he picks a good one in 2nd round.

Also welcome OEL. \m/ \m/

cheering for the canucks as always.

This was one of the most creative trades I have ever seen. OEL will be our best defenseman. Quinn still has more growing. He will be .4 to .5 ppg here. Quinn doesn't pass well enough yet. His one timer passes seem to seldom hit the wheel house. 

17 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

BTW lebrun said that right after risto was traded Vancouver started to get calls on Schmidt from the teams that missed out. 

I would think a few teams start calling about him now.

With Jones and Ristolainen off the market Schmidt moves up the trade ladder.

Would like to see us get a couple picks for him or a pick and a young d man.

Edited by DeNiro

Write these words down

“He’ll be a top-pairing guy, can play a lot of minutes, PP, PK, can be a match-up guy playing against the other team’s top lines,” said Benning.

OEL has only once in his entiree NHL career been a plus player and that was his first ( actual half  season ) iin 2013. Now we have Ericksson Mk2 covering up for Ericksson Mk1 and to think we couldn't sign Tanev because the term was too long ..... 4 years @ $4mill per. I hope the Xmas card you get from Arizona is  worth it all

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2
  • RoughGame 2
Just now, DeNiro said:

I would think a few teams start calling about him now.

With Jones and Ristolainen off the market Schmidt moves up the trade ladder.

Would like to see us get a couple picks for him or a pick and a young d man.

I think we could get atleast a 2nd and 4th for him