The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Bahl would be awesome if we can bring him back.  I'd worry a bit less about OEL's defense if we didn't have Hughes to also cover for.  Rathbone can hopefully also step up.

I've watched OEL many times and I don't know where this supposed defensive struggle narrative comes from.  He plays against the top players every night and he's always effective against Van.

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, stawns said:

They're not in rebuild mode, I don't get what's so hard to understand about that.  This core needs to start climbing or it's too late for them.  Last year was a late first, this year JB obviously knew the guys he wanted wouldn't be there at #9.  

They can't wait 3-4 more years, the time is now.

I wanted McTavish, Johnson, Edvinsson, or Svechkov.  I can live with the 9th being traded given what was left.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Wouldn't Tanev on 4 X 4 look good right now. He is exactly what we need. LOL.

Talk to me in 4 years, after we count up Tanev's missed games.

25 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

I agree, funny thing is the majority of CDC thought differently. Injury prone... lol 2 years now . the van Bubble playoff year and his first in Calgary. He ne

ver should have left.

Talk to me in 4 years, after we count up Tanev's missed games. Also don't discount the fact that Tanev would have missed time the year before last, but the covid break coincided with his healing time.

17 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

So you focus on only ONE element of the trade.

What about the other players?  They matter too.

Here's a pretty good read on +/- and why it needs to be taken in context because  it's directly affected by overall team performance, influenced by both the offensive and defensive performance of the team as a whole.

https://www.arcticicehockey.com/2014/6/5/5602668/why-plus-minus-is-the-worst-statistic-in-hockey

Trying to decide if your posting style/firmness has changed along with your name. Not sure yet. :)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, gurn said:

Talk to me in 4 years, after we count up Tanev's missed games.

Talk to me in 4 years, after we count up Tanev's missed games. Also don't discount the fact that Tanev would have missed time the year before last, but the covid break coincided with his healing time.

Trying to decide if your posting style/firmness has changed along with your name. Not sure yet. :)

Make sure you out OEL's missed games as well 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

OEL 's contract will cause lots of issues over the next few years.

Why?  He'll likely be a very solid, effective dman well into his 30's.  Guys who can skate like he can have very long shelf lives

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

Listening to Don Taylor whine about draft picks yesterday was mind numbing.  How long does he want the team to be bad for?  Last year's pick and this year's would be at least 3 seasons from even getting a sniff at the NHL, let alone having any kind of impact.

Good on JB for giving this core a signal that, yes, the time is now.

Like how many reminders do people need with teams like Buffalo?

You can get lots of picks every year and media pundits can hype your future like no tomorrow, but it doesn’t mean anything if don’t support the young core you build.

• Upvote 1