Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland


Recommended Posts

I think OEL just doesn't have to suck for the next 4 years for this to be a win. And really if you look at it, it's the 9OA and a 2nd round pick for OEL AND Garland. As much as I like Beagle and his work ethic we all knew he wasn't in our plans long-term. Looking forward to puck drop. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

True.

 

And the funny thing is, if youve been to Jersey it actually does smell. 

If you want a nice Garden State, you need a lot of manure :P

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Hamonic

Roussel, till he got injured

Sutter wasn't bad, till he got injured, over and over again.

Pearson's new deal is good

Ryan Miller was a good signing.

When I saw Miller go after Martin beating up Stetch I knew we had a beaut on our hands. 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I have a sneaking suspicion Virtanen could be back in a bottom 6 role for us next year if we can't find a trade for him.  

Pearson-3C UFA-Podkolzin

Motte-Dickinson-Virtanen

 

We would have a ton of options with that lineup.  

I thought that Jake's best games last season were on the Horvat - Pearson line. His defensive numbers were pretty good as well and he was starting to do the right things away from the puck. We could play him and trade him at the deadline if there are no takers right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Petey Miller Boes

Pearson Bo Garland

Hogs Dickinson Podz

Gadj Highmore Motte

 

OEL Schmidt

Hughes Hamonic

OJ Myers

Rathbone, Breezer

 

Even if that's the lineup they go into the season with, it's pretty solid top to bottkm

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RWMc1 said:

I thought that Jake's best games last season were on the Horvat - Pearson line. His defensive numbers were pretty good as well and he was starting to do the right things away from the puck. We could play him and trade him at the deadline if there are no takers right now.

The problem for Jake is that he is our 7th best winger now.  In fairness I am real high on Podkolzin though.  I really don't see any way he plays in our top 6 barring a few injuries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Petey Miller Boes

Pearson Bo Garland

Hogs Dickinson Podz

Gadj Highmore Motte

 

OEL Schmidt

Hughes Hamonic

OJ Myers

Rathbone, Breezer

 

Even if that's the lineup they go into the season with, it's pretty solid top to bottkm

 

 

Barring injuries, that is a play off team, and likely a round or two winner.

The year after, imo, is the beginning of the cup 'window".

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, buddhahoodlum said:

I think OEL just doesn't have to suck for the next 4 years for this to be a win. And really if you look at it, it's the 9OA and a 2nd round pick for OEL AND Garland. As much as I like Beagle and his work ethic we all knew he wasn't in our plans long-term. Looking forward to puck drop. 

Someone like Loui Eriksson at 6 million is utterly useless once he was no longer good enough to play in the top 6. All of a sudden an overpaid guy who can't score playing in the bottom 6 is an atrocious contract. 

 

 Defenceman have more value by default. Ekman Larsson just has to be one of the best 6 options the canucks have to be useful to the team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

He's a speedy little guy, but not afraid to go to the tough areas. I like how this team is shaping up, more grit and scoring. Was thinking Demko is probably pretty happy with them bringing in OEL as well.

I’m thinking Demko was pretty happy when word of Brad Shaw being an associate coach reached his ears. Proper defensive systems will lessen the shots he sees. 

51 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

And I believe Benning is still trying to bring in another physical Dman. Maybe in a Schmidt trade?

Hopefully. I wonder if Schmidt and Virtanen would be enough to get Manson out of Anaheim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gurn said:

Barring injuries, that is a play off team, and likely a round or two winner.

The year after, imo, is the beginning of the cup 'window".

And Jake is the wild card.  If he's back thats a lot of depth and a lot of tale for Green to move around.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BCNate said:

The problem for Jake is that he is our 7th best winger now.  In fairness I am real high on Podkolzin though.  I really don't see any way he plays in our top 6 barring a few injuries.

We have many options now. A couple of decent players will have to be waived. This will make the players work even harder to stay on the roster. I think that the competition will push our players and make the team better.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by RWMc1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

This back channel to get the straight goods on OEL is a big reason  why I have faith in this deal.

Good context - hoping that the deal works out long term cause the deal mainly hinges on OEL regaining his form.

 

It seems lots of tweakings are still to be done till puck drop in the pre season.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Jacereid93 said:

Is it safe to say that if the Canucks miss the playoffs this year there is a management change? If both OEL and Garland don’t have good years, and we could have kept the 9th + been done with all three of those contacts, would be hard to justify the move. 
 

 

That being said I am a fan of this Trade could be a huge W for the Nucks. Definitely a big shake up. Never hurts to bring in a ex caption to the locker room and can be the mentor for the younger dman on the roster 

I don't think so.  JB has built a solid core here, any peripheral missteps were inconsequential.  From here forward is where he will be judged and I'd bet he's got 3 solid years of cushion to prove his worth.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Good context - hoping that the deal works out long term cause the deal mainly hinges on OEL regaining his form.

Can you elaborate?  As far as I can tell he might not have been happy in AZ, but his play certainly doesn't seem to show it and the numbers back that up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jack Fig said:

He played until he was 37, like his brother. How was it shortened? 

At least one lost season.  Tough to beat that Kings team then let alone going in with less than your full squad.  Only get so many kicks at the can as that window will be only open for so long as history has shown.  Perhaps I used the wrong word.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...