The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Just now, goblix said:

OEL and Garland are good adds but that 56m or so is nuts without retention remember with those 3 (Rousell, Beagle, and Erickson) thats 12m in cap but only 8m in salary

I sincerely hope the 9th OA garnered at least 2m retained

I hope some retention too scary.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brownky said:

I don't agree with Frank. OEL is better than 'that' - he's a 6.5-7m defender "normally" and usually steady. Overpaid by the usual Jim Million, but only one guy this time rather than 4 guys overpaid by the Jim Million (Sutter's out too).

He's not Loui. I think we're all jaded by the high/long contracts that Jim has signed rather than by players themselves. OEL will surprise in a good way. I've been to a few Arizona games (not last year obviously) while vacationing down there and his biggest issue is that he had nobody to pass to.

Agreed hopefully having more talent around him will increase his production and play nicely.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

OEL is the dead weight.

OEL was a Norris Contender a few years ago..... He could be the stud defenseman we have needed since Jovo.... he could also suck in a few short years.  Time will tell.  At least he wont be sitting on the taxi squad anytime soon.  We could compete for a cup next year if we refine the roster a bit more and add a good free agent.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Honestly, a little no retention on OEL.  However, considering that Hughes and Petey will most likely sign a friendlier deal than if there wasn't covid and flat cap....and considering that the economy should bounce back and boom eventually....cap might rise exponentially in the nex 3-5 years.  If lock long-term, I don't think caphit of 8.25 might be as bad in the later years.

• Cheers 1