The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

He came into camp overweight once. He then came in to camp where his conditioning wasn't at a level that Green expected; not fat. He put his nose to the grindstone last season.He came in to camp in shape. Obviously he was progressing. He was playing well on the Horvat Pearson line and was doing the right things away from the puck. If he kept playing that way then the points would have eventually came. He's not the only player to have a tough time with the restrictions and Covid.

People are writing him off but he will rebound and fans will cry about why couldn't he do that here.

I doubt he'll ever be more than he is now. He had 5 goals in 38 games btw. He's a very streaky player who won't play more than 12-15 minutes on Greens team.He's not trusted short handed.  

I'm happy to see him and his drama move on. He's not the next Neeley. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, gurn said:

$4.5 mill for 4 yrs.

Just a bit too long for me.

Guy is arguably the best shut down d they ever had, but the staying healthy part has cost him, and the team.

Mitchell or Hamhuis were better IMO

We did not get scored on when those guys were on the ice in their prime. Having Luongo helped too though.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aliboy said:

You can only ask a young core to tread water for so long and then it can do harm, it was time to move this thing forward!! 

^this. 

We have our young core. There isn't going to be a couple more year of tanking for high picks. This is the group Jim is betting on to make the playoffs. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I doubt he'll ever be more than he is now. He had 5 goals in 38 games btw. He's a very streaky player who won't play more than 12-15 minutes on Greens team.He's not trusted short handed.  

I'm happy to see him and his drama move on. He's not the next Neeley. 

Are you predicting him to top out at 10-12 goals a season henceforth?

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Are you predicting him to top out at 10-12 goals a season henceforth?

If he was here. Maybe if he's put on the right team, with the right line, he maybe gets close to 20 if he's sheltered. Maybe. He'll never do it here. 

5 minutes ago, aliboy said:

You can only ask a young core to tread water for so long and then it can do harm, it was time to move this thing forward!! 

This ^^

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

We have our young core. There isn't going to be a couple more year of tanking for high picks. This is the group Jim is betting on to make the playoffs. 

And that ^^

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If he was here. Maybe if he's put on the right team, with the right line, he maybe gets close to 20 if he's sheltered. Maybe. He'll never do it here. 

Way to hedge your bets.

Also, he already has.

Edited by RWMc1

Just now, RakuRaku said:

Possible all three will play for Arizona next season?? 

On paper it’s not a bad fourth line if you ignore salary:

Roussel Beagle Eriksson

Problem is time and injuries have caught up to them.

• Like 2

I am optimistic about a bounce back season from OEL. 

He just turned 30 and ppl are acting like he's a senior citizen. Moreover OEL wants to come to Van. I don't think a guy capping the bed commands a 2 team trade list unless he is confident he can play better and fulfill his contract. 

If OEL plays like I expect him to play AND we are adding Garland, I don't see how this isnt good news for everyone. 

I'd be stoked if I was a player on the team. JB is showing that he wants to surround his core with better players immediately 

• Like 1

the fact that JB got rid of the three in one trade and got a replacement for Edler plus what we lost to seattle thats a better player makes me think this trade will get us to the playoff floor

We just need one more D a RHD and we will be set for years to come.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just for clarification: the two team trade list was from last season. This season they were open to offers from more teams and brought them to OEL for his approval. It was reported that it came down to three teams by the end.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

the fact that JB got rid of the three in one trade and got a replacement for Edler plus what we lost to seattle thats a better player makes me think this trade will get us to the playoff floor

We just need one more D a RHD and we will be set for years to come.

Add Podkolzin, Rathbone who just arrived, a better used Juolevi…

To me there are only three dead weight problems to take care of and those are:

Unloading Virtanen

Unloading Holtby

Luongo’s recapture penalty

Were turning the corner and fast on this one.

I agree. Playoff floor.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

^this. 

Solid bet.  IMO it is one more legit top four home grown d man away from being a solid well built team for a good few years.