The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

Just now, Phat Fingers said:

Why are you arguing?  It’s a hockey forum on draft weekend, we are all mostly half cut, so chill man, this is as close to a sports bar outing that many of us have had in a long time.  It’s only a game until someone ruins it by pointing fingers… I know, I have phat ones.  

I don't like people misrepresenting what I say.

Why didn't you quote the other poster and tell him to "chill"?

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Well, OEL can join in unit 2 if Petterson or Hughes choose to stay and their 4th forward will need to change anyways if goalie choose to pass up the ice that would cause them to stay for extended PP time and somewhat half of the unit would be fresher and higher chance of scoring than a tired Hughes who playing high minutes.  

Plus maybe by sharing the minutes QHs 5x5 play will get better 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I don't like people misrepresenting what I say.

Why didn't you quote the other poster and tell him to "chill"?

I agree with what you said so far, especially about OEL. I'm very optimistic about the anticipated upswing of him. He's finally someone we can use, whereas Loui was just dead cap. I'm also anticipating huge offence from our top 9. It's so good on paper, honestly. Whether or not it translates, we'll have to see.

Based on everyone having a healthy season, with good coaching from ppl like Shaw, I can see a resurgence for us. Not to mention, Seattle is constructed quite poorly, so I anticipate they'll finish at the bottom of our division, so we will be improving our playoff chances.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Mitchell or Hamhuis were better IMO

We did not get scored on when those guys were on the ice in their prime. Having Luongo helped too though.

Murzyn had some stellar seasons too.  Tanev was pretty good when he played, but he was far from the best defensive defenseman we've ever had. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Dazzle said:

I agree with what you said so far, especially about OEL. I'm very optimistic about the anticipated upswing of him. He's finally someone we can use, whereas Loui was just dead cap. I'm also anticipating huge offence from our top 9. It's so good on paper, honestly. Whether or not it translates, we'll have to see.

Based on everyone having a healthy season, with good coaching from ppl like Shaw, I can see a resurgence for us. Not to mention, Seattle is constructed quite poorly, so I anticipate they'll finish at the bottom of our division, so we will be improving our playoff chances.

Having a normal schedule with the same practice time as all the other teams should help as well. I'm very optimistic for next season.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Plus maybe by sharing the minutes QHs 5x5 play will get better 

If Edler walks it’s not fair to ask Quinn to play 30 freaking mins a night, this issue had!! To be addressed. His play will get better with this trade Agree completely with that! 

• Cheers 4

28 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

If Edler walks it’s not fair to ask Quinn to play 30 freaking mins a night, this issue had!! To be addressed. His play will get better with this trade Agree completely with that! 

If Edler were to sign at 3.5 for a year…

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Did the Oilers make the playoffs?

Did the Oilers win any playoff games? Might as well of missed the playoffs. And last year they only managed 1 win against the 12th place Western Conference team. So lost 7 of their last 8 playoff games, but yeah, they're doing just fine.

Edited by 204CanucksFan
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

take a look at phlegms fans over analyzing this deal so they can say it was a bad trade for us :lol:

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=184091&page=21

they are worried. 

Holy F, I jumped in my DeLorean and checked out that website. I got worried that I would have to wait for a lighting strike to hit the town clock before I got to come back to CDC in the year 2021.

Their hockey insight is about as up to date. We're gonna mop the floor with Cal for years to come. 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2