The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

21 hours ago, bbllpp said:

Players like Miller on the third line is what we need to be a contender.

Horvat is 3rd line in Pittsburg.  If their feelings are hurt move them out

Agree that's what a contender has......but only if you have a player that's as good or better than Miller in his place on the top line.  Should Pearson be on the second line getting more minutes than Miller?!!!  Are you going to play all top three lines evenly distributed?  I want two very good scoring lines and a third line that's very good at shutting down while contributing some goals.  

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Holy F, I jumped in my DeLorean and checked out that website. I got worried that I would have to wait for a lighting strike to hit the town clock before I got to come back to CDC in the year 2021.

Their hockey insight is about as up to date. We're gonna mop the floor with Cal for years to come. 

if you talk to a flames fan, they will tell you their roster is much much better than ours. a team that has Lucic, Pitlick and Ritchie on it. 

• Haha 4

In the end I do like the trade, no more Edler so I'll take OEL, no first round player well we got Garland who's NHL ready, and he plays like a top 10 so I'll take that, he is a little small does worry me a bit because one bad hit is all it can take, but he has some grit in him he's definitely no push over so that's good. Then the best part Eriksson is finally gone :frantic:, then moving a couple players who were taking up cap space and dealing with injuries, seems good, but then it gets interesting here due to players not signed yet.

They have 18.7M roughly in cap space, but need to sign Pettersson, Hughes, Garland, Dickinson, another RD then decide if they want another center or Miller plays Center, couple bottom forwards. I would speculate Pettersson Hughes and Garland combined will be pushing around $15-20M in combined cap space, doesn't leave much to fill RD and Dickinson and other bottom guy and another center possibly.... I would definitely speculate buyouts soon or Holtby moved.

3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

In the end I do like the trade, no more Edler so I'll take OEL, no first round player well we got Garland who's NHL ready, and he plays like a top 10 so I'll take that, he is a little small does worry me a bit because one bad hit is all it can take, but he has some grit in him he's definitely no push over so that's good. Then the best part Eriksson is finally gone :frantic:, then moving a couple players who were taking up cap space and dealing with injuries, seems good, but then it gets interesting here due to players not signed yet.

They have 18.7M roughly in cap space, but need to sign Pettersson, Hughes, Garland, Dickinson, another RD then decide if they want another center or Miller plays Center, couple bottom forwards. I would speculate Pettersson Hughes and Garland combined will be pushing around $15-20M in combined cap space, doesn't leave much to fill RD and Dickinson and other bottom guy and another center possibly.... I would definitely speculate buyouts soon or Holtby moved.

Could we potentially sign Hughes game 1 of season after we put Ferland on ltir? He can't be offersheeted but that would mean he would miss camp and might be annoyed with Canucks brass? 

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I think you’re right. Virtanen’s salary is as good as gone whether he’s moved or bought out so that’s at least ant extra $2.5 mil so we’re getting pretty close. Jim did say he still needs to move some salary so probably Holtby like you say.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Could we potentially sign Hughes game 1 of season after we put Ferland on ltir? He can't be offersheeted but that would mean he would miss camp and might be annoyed with Canucks brass? 

Why would you wait until the season started to sign Hughes and have him miss the entire training camp and preseason?  That's nuts...

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Did the Oilers win any playoff games? Might as well of missed the playoffs. And last year they only managed 1 win against the 12th place Western Conference team. So lost 7 of their last 8 playoff games, but yeah, they're doing just fine.

That’s not how it works.

They made the playoffs after how many years?

That’s how it works. 

7 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Ferland is already on the IR his cap isn't against the Canucks that I know of.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Don’t teams have a certain amount of time to get under the Cap?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

Regardless of what comes of this investigation I’m pretty certain we’ve seen the last of Virtanen in a Canucks uniform. 

Who knows?  He's still on the team as of now

Just now, stawns said:

Who knows?  He's still on the team as of now

Hasn’t JB explicitly said Jake is a name they’re looking at for a buyout? I could be imagining that. 

My feeling is that the organization is ready to cut ties with him. If he’s going to continue playing in North America I think he needs a fresh start somewhere else anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

I think you’re right. Virtanen’s salary is as good as gone whether he’s moved or bought out so that’s at least ant extra $2.5 mil so we’re getting pretty close. Jim did say he still needs to move some salary so probably Holtby like you say.

Im skeptical on that one actually now, why wouldn't Arizona take him? If I was Arizona I would of rather taken him even with the crap going on over Roussel, unless Benning isn't ready to move him and maybe believes this situation with him will blow over eventually... I believe he could of been moved in this trade if they really were looking to move him or move on from him.

Yeah he did mention of potential buyouts so it would only make sense if he can't move anyone....

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Im skeptical on that one actually now, why wouldn't Arizona take him? If I was Arizona I would of rather taken him even with the crap going on over Roussel, unless Benning isn't ready to move him and maybe believes this situation with him will blow over eventually... I believe he could of been moved in this trade if they really were looking to move him or move on from him.

Yeah he did mention of potential buyouts so it would only make sense if he can't move anyone....

Jake will be bought out, and if he gets another chance in the league it will be on a US team (no press) and on a PTO.  

• Cheers 3