The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

7 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Still think they would of taken him over a 7th round pick tbh.

It’s possible that someone else would take him as part of a trade like this one where he isn’t a main piece. The Yotes drafted Miller 111th and took so much flak for it that in October they renounced all rights to him. Couple that with losing their 2020 2nd rd pick last year and their 1st rounder this year as a penalty and my guess is that they want to stay far away from controversy. I still think Jim hopes to move him though and that’s why he’s waiting before the buyout.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

21 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

No, I don't see him on our roster. 

yes, but I don't think you understand what happened. 

again, I'm not hedging anything. 

The reason Jake scored more in 2019 is he was used more on the PP, because of injuries. When he's off the PP he slides back into pretty underwhelming production numbers. 

Green doesn't want to use him over 12-13 minutes typically, and not on the PP1 unless he needs to for injures. 

Maybe another coach can shelter him more than Green on another team, and maybe they have crappier PP players that we do. Ift thats the case, he likely pops up a bit in production.

Does this make sense to you now?

There's no point in persuing this conversation any further. You made a prediction that will likely be unverifiable. That's like me saying that he would have scored 30 goals for us but will only score 10 for another team because blah blah blah. Everything else is just you evading the issue.

By your post count and posting style, I'm guessing you're one of those need the last word guys. Have atter.

Edited by RWMc1

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

problem with my post is everything is always bad?? lol wtf are u even talking about? everything is bad? i said i have no issue with the trade? i have issue with him telling us season ticket holders one thing and then changing it again and again? like when did i even talk about the draft or draft pick in the post? others have been saying our rebuild just started couple years ago. all i said is i can't stand benning flip flopping between rebuild retool tossing in all prospect to compete then go back to saying we are still couple years away and then next thing you know toss everything in again. pretty sure i've never even said anything ever about build through the draft as i'm never a big fan of his drafting outside of the 1st rounders as i think it's not great considering we are like bottom 5 in terms of worse records in the league since benning took over.

Cheer up Wai Lai. Things are on the uptick. 
Who cares what JB said a few years ago.?

Things change, and it’s better to try to adapt and seize opportunities then it is too adopt a ridged approach.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

There's no point in persuing this conversation any further. You made a prediction that will likely be unverifiable. That's like me saying that he would have scored 30 goals for us but will only score 10 for another team because blah blah blah. Everything else is just you evading the issue.

By your post count and posting style, I'm guessing you're one of those need the last word guys. Have atter.

Evading what issue? I honestly don't know what you're upset over. 

3 hours ago, gurn said:

Kobe was  better at basketball than Jake is at hockey, and for some people that matters more than what  the allegations are/were.

Ain't that @#$@$$ up.

Who cares how shiny and bright something is on the outside if it's dirty and rotten inside.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

35 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m optimistic that a coaching staff led by Travis Green will make a big difference. Green is known as a player’s coach, is well liked, and especially seems to maintain good relationships with NHL veterans. Add in defenceman whisperer Brad Shaw, and you have a really good situation for OEL. And certainly any change will be an improvement, as the relationship between OEL and the Arizona staff was really not good the last few years, especially with head coach Rick Tocchet.

I hope you're right.

One thing that concerns me is that OEL signed his  eight year contract two years ago.  From what I've read and heard, for the past two years his performance has declined.  This raises the thought that he's one of those players who has secured his financial future and is now coasting.

On the other hand, perhaps, as you say, he was affected by the situation in Arizona and will rebound in Vancouver.

In any event, it's gonna be interesting to watch how all this plays out.

Fingers crossed.

17 hours ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

So we have about 18 or so in cap space atm but need to sign

petey (7)

quinn (6)

dicky (2.5?)

garland(4.25?)

thats 19.75 right there and we still need another D or 2 and a 4c. How we opening up more cap?

Is OEL at 7,25 better than EP and Quinn AT 7 AND 6 .?

Not sure why some don't hold value with 1st rounds?

JB already stated 9 very good picks before we got the 9th pick

No one was expecting Boeser or EP to make impacts right away, so why make light of this years picks, just because we traded it?

I think the last 2 years we have jumped the gun on trading picks for players who won't be of value in 2+ years and would have had no worse result than last year

I agree we will be a better team, but what is the objective?

I think we lost strength to push us OVER the hump in 2 yrs ,with how things have transpired the last 2 years

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

46 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Weird I thought they dumped that awful Aztec looking logo years ago.

The players they got from us look good on paper......on. paper. 

Here’s to Virtanen and Holtby.

I have high hopes.

Edited by Me_

2 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Is OEL at 7,25 better than EP and Quinn AT 7 AND 6 .?

Not sure why some don't hold value with 1st rounds?

JB already stated 9 very good picks before we got the 9th pick

No one was expecting Boeser or EP to make impacts right away, so why make light of this years picks, just because we traded it?

I think the last 2 years we have jumped the gun on trading picks for players who won't be of value in 2+ years and would have had no worse result than last year

I agree we will be a better team, but what is the objective?

I think we lost strength to push us OVER the hump in 2 yrs ,with how things have transpired the last 2 years

Who do u think in the lineup wont have value in 2 years?

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He needs to be bought out by June 27 so Benning either has to trade him by Tuesday or buy him out.  He won't be back as a Canuck.  We have Garland and Dickinson in our top 9 now.  Virtanen's fate has been sealed here in Vancouver.

Now that adds even more skepticism to me regarding it, my original gut was what you're saying he's done here I figured for sure his time here was done, but seeing what was involved in this trade I'm a little surprised a guy who's supposedly done with this team wasn't somehow involved in this trade. Which then has me thinking outside the box here a bit now and wondering maybe Benning is wanting to keep him now.... Obviously we will know more by the 27th then I guess. 

10 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I have a fair amount of anxiety too, but now that OEL is a Canuck, I’m switching to optimistic mode. ;) 

So am I, until proven otherwise.     :towel:

If Benning has guessed correctly, he's brought in the first line defenseman that we've needed.

If he's guessed wrongly, he's hamstrung this franchise for the next six years.

Gonna be interesting.     ::D

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

So am I, until proven otherwise.     :towel:

If Benning has guessed correctly, he's brought in the first line defenseman that we've needed.

If he's guessed wrongly, he's hamstrung this franchise for the next six years.

Gonna be interesting.     ::D

You can debate the trade but you have to admit that for better or for worse - it was aggressive!

Like you I was a little iffy about it but now that it’s done I fully support it and hope for the best.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2