The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Jay Beagle, Loui Eriksson, Antoine Roussel, 2021 1st-round pick, 2022 2nd-round pick, 2023 7th-round pick to Coyotes for Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Conor Garland

45 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

We won't get a return because he has negative value. He's gonna get bought out this season, plain and simple. He won't play this season with us, guaranteed. Guilty or not, the allegations sealed his fate because he was basically on his last straw with the Canucks.

Trade to Mtl?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I didn't say it's likely....I said it's possible.  The organization is in a tough spot because if the allegations are false, it's not supporting your players.  To be fair, I am guessing the allegations are real but there is a process for these things.

A buyout is very likely but a trade is also possible.  JV playing is also possible though.

No, it's not possible at all. We don't even have space for JV to return. A buyout is happening 100 percent. Believing otherwise is just ignoring the fact that a) he's not been good enough b) he's a PR disaster right now.

The allegations may or may not be real, but JV's reputation is tarnished regardless. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of what JV and the girl is claiming. No one's going to know the details because discussing it publicly will only hurt her case.

No one should say JV is a rapist because there's no proof. Yet no one should say that victim is lying either. We don't know either way.

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

No, it's not possible at all. We don't even have space for JV to return. A buyout is happening 100 percent. Believing otherwise is just ignoring the fact that a) he's not been good enough b) he's a PR disaster right now.

The allegations may or may not be real, but JV's reputation is tarnished regardless. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of what JV and the girl is claiming. No one's going to know the details because discussing it publicly will only hurt her case.

No one should say JV is a rapist because there's no proof. Yet no one should say that victim is lying either. We don't know either way.

The best places for JV are lost outposts of NHL expansion like Carolina, Florida and Arizona.

But Buffalo…. 

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Me_ said:

The best places for JV are lost outposts of NHL expansion like Carolina, Florida and Arizona.

But Buffalo…. 

Florida and Carolina are good now.

Montreal and Chicago are the organizations where trash people go nowadays.

Cant think of bigger P.O.S’s than Marc Bergevin and Stan Bowman right now. They’ll happily take on Jake Virtanen if we offered him for free.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

I still wouldve paid Tanev the 4.

He was the heart of this defense.

He was a huge peice of it no argument there, it's just not a fair comparison Between him and OEL, different players with different skillsets. Tanev missed alot of hockey too, that was likey a big contribution to him hitting free agency. $4.5 million doesn't seem like alot of money for a guy like him but when you take into account injury history and fairly one dimensional I can see why they didn't resign him. 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Florida and Carolina are good now.

Montreal and Chicago are the organizations where trash people go nowadays.

Cant think of bigger P.O.S’s than Marc Bergevin and Stan Bowman right now. They’ll happily take on Jake Virtanen if we offered him for free.

If they want him, they can claim him on waivers - he has to pass thru unconditional waivers before being bought out.  But then they have him at his full year's salary and cap hit.  Better to let Vancouver buy him out then offer him a $750k (or whatever) "show me" contract. 

This trade makes perfect sense...

In: Garland #83

Out: Beagle #83

In: OEL #23

Out: Edler #23

In: Hoglander with his old #21

Out: Loui #21

It's almost like Benning planned the whole thing...  :)

Well, almost...

In: Tryamkin #88

Out: Schmidt #88   :sadno:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, appleboy said:

7 years ago the fan base wanted and were ready for a rebuild. Where would we be right now if they had of done that?

I don't know? Do you? Do you have a crystal ball? Improvement is rarely a linear progression. Certain posters like to cry about holding onto assets too long, bringing up the Sedins and Edler as players who should have been traded, conveniently forgetting many had NTCs (thanks to Gillis, not Benning) and would not waive. Yes there were mistakes made along the way. Benning was learning on the job. Get over it already and quit crying about the past already. There's a new franchise down the I-5 you may want to cheer for instead.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I mean lets be real honest here would we rather go into the future with garland at 25 or  taffoli at 30 repeats his career year for 3 more years?

Oh man…

MTL

Schmidt

VAN

Toffoli

And I still am a fan.

5 minutes ago, buddhahoodlum said:

I don't know? Do you? Do you have a crystal ball? Improvement is rarely a linear progression. Certain posters like to cry about holding onto assets too long, bringing up the Sedins and Edler as players who should have been traded, conveniently forgetting many had NTCs (thanks to Gillis, not Benning) and would not waive. Yes there were mistakes made along the way. Benning was learning on the job. Get over it already and quit crying about the past already. There's a new franchise down the I-5 you may want to cheer for instead.

The Gumball Rally (1976): Best movie line ever? - Club Cobra

• Cheers 1